PDA

View Full Version : Clip???

jpeters
09-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Does anyone have the software CLIP for their mowing and snow company? Thinking about purchasing not sure if I want to spend the money. Let me know what you think?

Andyinchville2
09-21-2004, 03:03 PM
I'd say do it....It's expensive but oh so convient....schedules, bills, keeps records, and w/ optional moduals even tells you the most efficient route for the day....could never go back to doing things manually....
Andrew

jpeters
09-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Andy,

Do you have a palm pilot??? if so does it work on it?

jpeters
09-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Anyone else have any input????

cklands
09-21-2004, 08:35 PM
I used CLIP for a few years. Personally I didn't like it at all. It gives you all these reports that are pretty much usless. The word processor is awful and the letters look like a teenager made them on the computer at school. They are always changing the software and you have to upgrade the program in order for it to work.
When you buy the program you get some tech support with it. Well I didn't need the tech support until 2 years into the program. I called and they said I had to purchase tech time!!!! :angry: So I purchased the time. They sent me a bill for the time. It was my second winter on my own and money was tight. Well when the bill went over 30 days they charged my CC with out even calling or notifiying me!!! I didn't notice until I got my bank statement. I called them and ripped them a new one. They did put the money back into my account.
I would never go back to them. Just my .02

Team Gopher
09-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi jpeters,

Feel free to download and try out our software as well.

Rob Spread & Spray
09-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I have never used Clip, but have heard similar stories.

Try Gopher or Qxpress

QXpress has a lot of the same capabilities as Clip and costs a lot less and actually works.

www.qxpress.us

HOOLIE
09-29-2004, 11:58 PM
I've been using Clip for the last 3 years. I like it a lot, use it for everything except printing generic letters. Those I do on Word. It is a bit pricey. I got a good deal on mine, they had discontinued the software and marked it down. The only problem I have now is, it can only handle 125 customers max, so I've been holding out this season, deleting those one-time customers that I put in the system back when 125 seemed a long ways off. Unfortunately the next upgrade is gonna run me $900 (unless they discontinue something else :) )

Never tried Gopher on any of the others, can't draw any comparisons.