PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on a football field???

Jon99
09-21-2004, 10:42 PM
I am on the Board of Directors of the local park district and we are building a new youth football field... Just needing ballpark figures, what should we expect for a cost??? Any other suggestions for types of systems for a football field??? Any other suggestions???

Anyone in the Kankakee, Il area interested in giving us a bid????

JeffY
09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
I would say 12 to 17,000 dollars. Pretty big range, but also depends on what size pipe they use, types of heads, etc etc. Don't just go for the lowest price, go for quality and who will take care of any problems that arise in the future.

jerryrwm
09-23-2004, 02:37 AM
I am on the Board of Directors of the local park district and we are building a new youth football field... Just needing ballpark figures, what should we expect for a cost??? Any other suggestions for types of systems for a football field??? Any other suggestions???

Anyone in the Kankakee, Il area interested in giving us a bid????

Jeffy is right in the area for pricing.

Suggestions for types of system are going to be varied as to each irrigator's preferrence. You might consider having a professional design the system, set the specs and then let everyone bid on the same thing. Using 60' rad. heads, you are going to find that the price is going to be pretty close to the system that is using 40' rad. heads. Given a choice, and having the available water and pressure, I would opt for the larger heads every time. That's my choice based on my experiences. Other's may have a different opinion.

General guidlines: Keep number of heads in the playing surface to the minimum, and locate them with respect to the amount of use each part of the field gets. You don't want a sprinkler head where the PAT kick is taking place. Use swing joints under the heads. Use quality equipment.

To far to travel from South Texas to Illinois to put one system in.

Jerry

aquamtic
09-23-2004, 12:23 PM
John, I would recommend you cvisit the Irrigation Association and lookup qualified contractors in your area. As mentioned you should get an architect to design to a specific spec that fits your budget first

chuckers
09-23-2004, 09:59 PM
jon check pm's