PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Clean up

Meg-Mo
09-22-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm noticing about 1/2 of the threads are about leaf clean-up. Making container to haul away leaves, buying blowers to blow leaves to the curb or bagging. I have tried all these things in the past 30 years. Now by using the Meg-Mo system and a closure, this will eliminate 95% of catching and/or moving and hauling away the leaves. You don't need the blowers, catchers or haulers. Our system cuts, mulches and destroys the leaves so that you will only have about a 5 gallon bucket of leaves left in the average yard.

kc2006
09-22-2004, 01:56 PM
I see you posting in every one of these threads about leaves and such and I was wondering if i buy your product, put it on my mower and mow some leaves with it and if i don't like it do i get to return the product? Because you preach that they're so good I'd like to see for my self.

chevyman1
09-22-2004, 02:03 PM
there should be a major concern as well about the amount of thatch you are adding to a yard that way and if part of the grass is covered, could lead to mold and dead spots in the lawn

simsy71
09-22-2004, 02:05 PM
If your results are true I would buy then in a second. Has anyone seen or had results like the ones Mega Mo are claiming?????????

Meg-Mo
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM
I see you posting in every one of these threads about leaves and such and I was wondering if i buy your product, put it on my mower and mow some leaves with it and if i don't like it do i get to return the product? Because you preach that they're so good I'd like to see for my self.

We do not expect you to keep our product if you do not like it. We refund the full amount of the blades, but we do not refund the shipping. We do charge a 20% restocking fee if you do not call us if you have a problem to let us trouble shoot.

Meg-Mo
09-22-2004, 02:46 PM
there should be a major concern as well about the amount of thatch you are adding to a yard that way and if part of the grass is covered, could lead to mold and dead spots in the lawn

Thatch in the largest percentage of the cases is not caused by mulched leaves or grass clippings. Thatch is cause by the root system of the grass. That's why core aerification should be done every two to three years.

DLCS
09-22-2004, 04:12 PM
If your results are true I would buy then in a second. Has anyone seen or had results like the ones Mega Mo are claiming?????????

Yes, I had excellent results last year mulching leaves with Meg Mo blades. I did more leaf clean-ups last year than in previous years and I only bagged a handful of lawns and that was on the final leaf clean-up only, for those properties. Even if you bag all the leaves and not mulch, you still can benefit from Meg Mo blades, cause you can get more in the bagger after they are shredded. I use the Meg Mo blades year round but Fall is where they really shine.

DLS1
09-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Okay Meg-Mo you got me interested.

I have a 2003 Hustler Super Mini Z 52" which has 3 spindles and has the Quickchute to close off the opening.

1. How much for the blades for my setup? How much is for shipping to Kansas City Mo. area?
2. Then how long do I have to return them if they don't work with the leaves like I think they should?
3. Do they chop up Oak leaves very good?
4. Do they work good on heavy bluegrass/ light fescue during the mowing season?

Oh yea, can I get 15% off if I send you my business card since I am not going to the show.

Meg-Mo
09-22-2004, 04:53 PM
The blades for your mower are $179.85 plus $15.00 for shipping. The MEG MO will cut all types of leaves. You have 30 days for the 100%. The blades do very go any type of grass. Sorry the sec. has gone home as we are leaving for EXPO in about 1 hr.

John Gamba
09-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Yes, I had excellent results last year mulching leaves with Meg Mo blades. I did more leaf clean-ups last year than in previous years and I only bagged a handful of lawns and that was on the final leaf clean-up only, for those properties. Even if you bag all the leaves and not mulch, you still can benefit from Meg Mo blades, cause you can get more in the bagger after they are shredded. I use the Meg Mo blades year round but Fall is where they really shine.

I'd like to add to this. Not only do they chop and rechop you have virtually no deck blow out. If you use them with an ocdc you can go over the leaves like you are mulching, then a flip of the leaver you can bag the rest. You will leave with a lot less. Last year a friend was amazed at how the blades worked on WET LEAVES, His grass hopper just mushed them. I have already ordered my set for my new mower and i ordered roys new ocdc.

Have a happy leaf season :waving:
John

Fareway Lawncare
09-22-2004, 06:28 PM
Megs work Great for Catching Leaves....w/the mulch Kits they tend to Rub the Baffling on the eXmarks....

Where's a Pic of Roy's New OCDC ?

gogetter
09-22-2004, 06:39 PM
If these blades are so great, great enough for you to go on and on about them, then post some pics.

Post before, during and after pics of what they can do to leaves.

Hell, If I wanted to sell something that I thought was so great, I'd WANT to prove it to people. Not just expect them to buy them because I said they were great, I'd want to SHOW them how great they are.

And IF you can show this to people, I guarantee you will be selling them like crazy.

sethsodsquad
09-23-2004, 01:45 AM
I was wondering if the meg-mo blade system would work well on the hi-lift snapper 21" mower (5hp kawasaki). I am using the Ninja blade now, and am not too pleased with its performance.

Seth

vipermanz
09-23-2004, 04:55 AM
I was wondering if the meg-mo blade system would work well on the hi-lift snapper 21" mower (5hp kawasaki). I am using the Ninja blade now, and am not too pleased with its performance.

Seth
that's about my question, I have a Lb 21 with a bbc, i use the standard bagging blade with pretty good success, Leaf season is starting early around here

John Gamba
09-23-2004, 07:13 AM
If these blades are so great, great enough for you to go on and on about them, then post some pics.

Post before, during and after pics of what they can do to leaves.

Hell, If I wanted to sell something that I thought was so great, I'd WANT to prove it to people. Not just expect them to buy them because I said they were great, I'd want to SHOW them how great they are.

And IF you can show this to people, I guarantee you will be selling them like crazy.

Johnathan
I take some pics but you wont see them till all the leaves are down.
John

John Gamba
09-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Megs work Great for Catching Leaves....w/the mulch Kits they tend to Rub the Baffling on the eXmarks....

Where's a Pic of Roy's New OCDC ?

Dont use the mulch kits. If you do have to bag it can take alot of time to take off and put back on. Put down the ocdc go over the leaves then lift up the ocdc and slap on the bagger and your off :waving:

John

DLS1
09-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey Meg-Mo, I have seen comments on other LCO sites that they work good for leaves but some have sent them back since they didn't work any better for grass cutting than their stock blade. Also others mentioned they clumped in wet grass for some. It sounds like it depends on the mower and other factors if they work on grass better than the stock blade.

I guess for now I will pass on the Meg-Mo since I need to buy a Redmax 7001 or 8000 backpack for leaf season.

Carolina Cutter
09-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Ok...I have a couple of questions.

First....what do they run for the exmark metro36?

Second......can you bag effectively with them?

Third.........How do they compare to using the gator blades?

I would like to have some responses from actual users for the last question. I know the seller is going to praise his product as he should but I need the real lowdown.

Thanks all ;)