Groundcover Solutions
09-22-2004, 05:23 PM
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=146972&toggle=fullsize&f=.jpg

Hacksquat
09-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Those are nice Matt!

drsogr
09-22-2004, 06:37 PM
How much does a sign like that cost to make? Or have made for that matter?

i_plant_art
09-22-2004, 09:28 PM
drsogr i have a few similar to groundcovers...... if remeber correctly... ( its been bout a year since ) but i think mine are close to 36"x24" or something like that 2 sided 1 color and i think they were in the ball park of $45 each.....

Groundcover Solutions
09-22-2004, 10:35 PM
drsogr i have a few similar to groundcovers...... if remeber correctly... ( its been bout a year since ) but i think mine are close to 36"x24" or something like that 2 sided 1 color and i think they were in the ball park of $45 each.....

I have a friend in the sign biz. I got 12 of them for around 560 so I would say about 47 each for two sided three color. Next time i am going to get them without the white trim. That was on there from when he did my doors at my shop, because they are tinted glass and the black would not have been easy to read. He said that would cut $8 each off.

CJ GreenScapes
09-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I like the white trim - it helps your business name stand out. Nice signs, I hope it brings you plenty of business.

Lawnworks
09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
They look very proffessional! But $47 each!! Too much money!

Groundcover Solutions
09-23-2004, 11:05 PM
They look very proffessional! But $47 each!! Too much money!
I would say they are well worth it. If one sign brings in one job they have paid for themselfs. So up front it is a good amount of money but in the long ron it is worht it.

CamLand
09-24-2004, 04:40 PM
Nice signs Matt,I'd be interested in the company that made them...

Groundcover Solutions
09-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Nice signs Matt,I'd be interested in the company that made them...

Upper Level Graphics
Plymouth, MI

I will look for his # and PM you with it. If I don't give it to you by the end of sat, pm me and remined me. tell him matt rose sent you, also he did the lettering on my jeep, ranger, and office doors.

Groundcover Solutions
09-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Upper Level Graphics
Plymouth, MI

I will look for his # and PM you with it. If I don't give it to you by the end of sat, pm me and remined me. tell him matt rose sent you, also he did the lettering on my jeep, ranger, and office doors.

I forgot he had a web site... www.upperlevelgraphics.com

Mycannon
09-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I get my signs 100 of them 4.35 a piece 2 sided 1 color 18" by 24"

Soupy
09-27-2004, 03:30 AM
I paid $6 a piece for 50 2 sided 2 1/2 colors. one color was a 1/2 shade.

EastProLawn
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Nice looking signs and it's also nice to see a different color scheme other than Green & white...

Team Gopher
09-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Hi Groundcover Solutions,

Your marketing material always looks top notch!

Groundcover Solutions
09-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi Groundcover Solutions,

Your marketing material always looks top notch!
That is what we are going for. A uniform look to all of our marketing material, looks more professional that way. I would not consider getting anything of less quality. It is nice to see that people can see that our materials match up and look good. Also the signs are maid with the top end corrugated plastic, and vinyl graphics. they are not screen printed. Much better quality in my opinion. This is why they cost so much per sign.

Groundcover Solutions
09-28-2004, 01:18 AM
I don't know why his web site is not up...???? I will give him a call to let him know.

Soupy
09-28-2004, 01:38 AM
Also the signs are maid with the top end corrugated plastic, and vinyl graphics. they are not screen printed. Much better quality in my opinion. This is why they cost so much per sign.

Are you calling my signs junk? :) I will admit that our are screen printed, but they have proven to hold up just fine. Ours are made with Coroplast signs, and to tell you the truth, I would rather have 50 signs for the price of 7.

You will find out that you will lose them faster then they are worth. Just my opinion.

Groundcover Solutions
09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
I am sure your sings are great!! That is not waht i was saying, also if I put a sign in I usualy don't entend to get it back. If it is in my area I might swing by and pick it up. Most of the time I consider it a loss. I just like to have topend stuff, just a personal preferance. I am sure the screen printed ones would have looked just as good. I just feel that these stand out.

GreenMonster
09-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Matt,

I like the white outlined letters.

Soupy
09-28-2004, 05:17 PM
I am sure your sings are great!! That is not waht i was saying, also if I put a sign in I usualy don't entend to get it back. If it is in my area I might swing by and pick it up. Most of the time I consider it a loss. I just like to have topend stuff, just a personal preferance. I am sure the screen printed ones would have looked just as good. I just feel that these stand out.

I was just messing with you :) But I would concider giving the screen print a try. If you are not planning on getting them, that is a lot of money. Do you only put them on high profit jobs?

Groundcover Solutions
09-29-2004, 10:29 PM
I was just messing with you :) But I would concider giving the screen print a try. If you are not planning on getting them, that is a lot of money. Do you only put them on high profit jobs?

I typicaly put them on our residential jobs, we have a min of 10 yards so most residential jobs we do are highend homes. I will put ones out on sites we are working but only for the duration of the project. Once we finish the project they come with us. I am just feeling them out at this point, I am not sure how well they will work for this type of work.

Soupy
09-29-2004, 10:43 PM
You might consider having smaller ones made and left at the entrance of the home (with permission). This would work really well on commercial jobs though. I have walked into many of restaurants and seen the small signs that read "this landscaping was installed by XYZ company"

If you make them small enough (but still noticeable), and decorative (maybe have them craved into wood, there was a guy on the forums a while back that did this type of work. I have his email still, if you want it. He made me some signs a few years ago). I think residential customers will let you stick one in the mulch bed. I don't know, it was just a thought.

Keep up the good work, and good luck in the future :)