PDA

View Full Version : Gross sales per technician

DanaMac
09-23-2004, 10:55 AM
For those that do a lot of repairs, or are primarily repair and service companies, what do you expect from your technicians for gross sales for a year. And I understand if you don't want to give out your numbers. The numbers should vary due to region: warmer regions can keep their guys working longer, colder climates tend to lay off after winterizing and rehire in March or April. And residential and commercial might have different numbers due to pricing.

I remember one thread from here or another forum, and someone was talking about 50k per technician. Not sure of what region. Does that sound about right? Just curious. remember, this doesn't include any installs.

Mdirrigation
09-23-2004, 09:50 PM
I remember one thread from here or another forum, and someone was talking about 50k per technician. Not sure of what region. Does that sound about right? Just curious. remember, this doesn't include any installs.

50k gross for a tech would barely cover the payroll and expenses of having one. At $ 15.00 per hour , full time his pay would be 31,200 for the year.
( working all year no layoff and no overtime) Add on workmans comp, a service truck, fuel ,insurance and benifits then add materials . A good tech in my market produces 100 to 150k gross for the business and makes 45 to 60k in pay.

DanaMac
09-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Well right now my technician only works for me 7 1/2 - 8 months. After blow outs are done around mid November, he doesn't work for me until mid March or early April. And even right now is difficult getting him hours because people tend to put off repairs this late in the season with winterizing just around the corner. Plus with all the rain we finally got this year, many of my customers haven't watered for weeks, thus they don't know what is damaged on their systems. We are 99% residential. I'm also in a city of around 500,000 with the surrounding areas.

SprinklerGuy
09-24-2004, 10:50 AM
I think it would be easier to break it down by the day, week or month.

I expect my guys to do between 400-500 per day. This would include all service call fees, labor, and material mark ups. I don't figure in the entire sales price of the parts...you know why!

Problem is, things slow for us in winter also...so in summer I may get 600 per day out of the techs but in winter i get 200....not the same as ZERO but still a lot less.

Are you including the blowouts in your figure...? I'm guessing you aren't.

DGI
09-27-2004, 10:23 PM
In Michigan we have about 20 weeks of non-blowout/startup time for techs. During that time the average solo tech is doing well if he is producing 2500-3000 per week in gross sales. Overall, 50k through the slow times and the fast times is pretty good.

Startups and blowouts are totally different animals, though.