PDA

View Full Version : Didn't overlap the spreader...

NelsonLandworks
09-23-2004, 04:32 PM
We fertalized with some nitrogen to get rid of rust on a customers lawn-we didn't overlap with the spreader and now the lawn is looking like an american flag.

We're going to go back over it this weekend to get more fertalizer on the lines we missed, but my question is this-should we do the entire lawn over, of just the lines we missed? any recomendations and ideas are appriciated. Thanks
Wes

GreenMonster
09-23-2004, 04:35 PM
I've heard of applying at half rate, going east/west, and then north/south so you don't miss like you did.

Drew Gemma
09-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Good old fert and squirt. Always no matter what the directions say. When using your broadcast spreader throw from wheel track to wheel track. The advise on the bag is only good for the ingredients. Those people don't know how to spread it. Once you streak a yard you'll never do it again it's a learning process. Try and fill in the lighter green spots at a 2/3 rate. Or you could water the death out of it and mow it away in 2 weeks maybe. Be careful only hit the light spots. Another trick is always spread parallel to the road so everyone else doesn't't know you messed up. Especially on the high visibility ones. Spreading is like painting trim it out first until you get good then fill it in and in this case fill in the spots you missed.Good Luck

NelsonLandworks
09-23-2004, 10:55 PM
thanks for the help guys-i'll keep in touch

jajwrigh
10-13-2004, 09:53 PM
I've heard of applying at half rate, going east/west, and then north/south so you don't miss like you did.

That is exactly what members from the Indiana state chemists office recommend as well! Very good idea because it blends everything together nicely!

GreenMonster
10-13-2004, 10:23 PM
That is exactly what members from the Indiana state chemists office recommend as well! Very good idea because it blends everything together nicely!

Oh really? Well, where's my friggin' point? :D

dan deutekom
10-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Trouble is that is twice the walking and twice the work and twice the time to do the job. I spread from wheel mark to wheel mark.

GreenMonster
10-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Trouble is that is twice the walking and twice the work and twice the time to do the job. I spread from wheel mark to wheel mark.

Put a spreader on your ZTR and it's twice the fun! :blob3:

Chris Wagner
10-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Do you think a drop spreader is faster than going both east/west & north/south with a broadcast spreader?

I think the accuracy of a drop spreader is so much better, but using it is time consuming.