PDA

View Full Version : Utility Vehicle

NelsonLandworks
09-23-2004, 09:58 PM
I picked it up yesterday, and i love it. I got a killer deal on it so that's always a plus. We used it at work today to hold all the plants we cut back. It was nice to be able to load it all up at once, then dump it with ease. I need to extend the sides of the bed higher so I can fit more in, maybe I'll get to it this weekend. Anyways, here's some pictures
Wes

kemmer
09-24-2004, 05:57 PM
how much?...........

NelsonLandworks
09-24-2004, 10:00 PM
$6,000 for the vehicle, bed lift and floor mats. the UV itself is 6,500, the bed lift is 550, and the floor mats are 100.

Wells
09-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Thats a nice utility vehicle....
Here's the one im considering for purchase.

equipment_lister
09-26-2004, 01:51 PM
$6,000 for the vehicle, bed lift and floor mats. the UV itself is 6,500, the bed lift is 550, and the floor mats are 100.
Utility Vehicle $4000 (http://www.yerf-dog.com/products/34800.html)

They have these at Samsclub for $4000 for a 2wd version. Is yours 4wd? if it is only 2wd I think you overpaid.

NelsonLandworks
09-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Wells-I love that vehicle. It looks out of my price range.

lister-yes mine is only two wheel drive. but there's more to factor in than price and 2wd/4wd.

engine builder, engine size, wieght of the vehicle, towing/carrying capacity so on and so forth. I've owned yerf dog products before and they use very low grade steel on thier frames. If you want to trust sams club to sell you a relieable work machine that will last longer than it's 12 month warentee, go right ahead. I'm very happy with my perchase though. Have a good one-
Wes

equipment_lister
09-27-2004, 09:50 AM
So who's the maker of the one you bought? Do you have any specs? I was seriously considering the one at Sams I think I could get a 3yr extended warranty for about $150...

NelsonLandworks
09-27-2004, 01:51 PM
thats a good deal on the waranty. Mine is a cub cadet, you can go to thier site www.cubcadet.com to get specs on the machine. with a 10% downpayment i got a 36 month payment plan at 0% with no early payment penatly.

equipment_lister
09-27-2004, 02:12 PM
I believe you have a much more capable machine, 8+ hp and bed lift and a better resale when it's time to upgrade. 6g's seems like a lot of dough, but you get what you pay for.

NelsonLandworks
09-27-2004, 08:34 PM
but you get what you pay for.

thats exactly it. I was going to buy yhr john deere hpx but the price was about 9 grand (for the 4x4) and i knew i couldn't afford it, so i went for the cub cadet. Obviously cub cadet isn't as good as john deere and i had to settle on a few things, but when it's all said and done, i'm spending $150 a month and john deere owners are spending about 230+ a month

drsogr
09-27-2004, 08:39 PM
What the heck are you guys using these "toys" for! I want one, but I don't think I could ever justify getting one! Do they actually help with productivity? Do you trailer these things to the job site?!

NelsonLandworks
09-28-2004, 01:43 PM
What the heck are you guys using these "toys" for! I want one, but I don't think I could ever justify getting one! Do they actually help with productivity? Do you trailer these things to the job site?!

yes we trailer it to the job site. It helps with everything. You can move heavy loads easier and faster than say a wheelbarrow. You can hook a trailer up to them to move even more. They haul dirt, rock, sand, gravel ect very easy, and dump it just as easily.

the things you can do are just limitless, and when you get home you can ride it on trails and what not, it's basicly a cross between a truck and four wheeler.