PDA

View Full Version : Set your price in stone

PLS
05-29-2000, 11:40 AM
There's a good article in PRO Magazine (May) on page 15 by Noel Brown on getting your price and being higher than your competition. I see alot of guys posting about price under cutting. <br><p><font size="1">Edited by: PLS

Kevin
05-29-2000, 12:25 PM
I agree, it is a good article to read. Last week I gave an estimate to a woman who had approx. 2.5 acres of uneven, cluttered terrain. Had to laugh and walk away when she told me what the past 2 guys were doing her for. Maybe they did not come back for that reason.

PLS
05-29-2000, 01:22 PM
If you set at home and don't even load up, Your breaking even, No expenses, No income. You can go to work and work your ass off for 8 or 10 hours a day and still only break even. I learned a long time ago, that I didnt want to be the cheapest. <p>(The &quot;We'll make it up in volume&quot; myth.) Part of the article. <br>I knew it worked this way, just did'nt know what the actual numbers were. <br><p><font size="1">Edited by: PLS

GrassRoots Lawn Care
05-29-2000, 01:39 PM
Can you give the URL of the article? Thanks.

mowerman90
05-29-2000, 01:47 PM
on the back of my business cards is imprinted these words:<p>&quot;The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten&quot;<p>These aare words to live by folks, don't ever forget them.<p><br>

slingshot
05-29-2000, 09:15 PM
i tell the people in a joking way would you take a heart transplant from the lowest bidder

PLS
05-29-2000, 11:33 PM
Grassroots:<br>It seems that &quot;www.promagazine.com&quot; is a few months behind on the web. I tried a search for the article and got No match.