PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy diamond plate

Smitty58
09-24-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm in the process of enclosing my open trailer and I need some diamond plate. Where is the best place to get it? What I'm going to do is basically frame a enclosed section like a pole barn, 4x4's with horizontal boards. Then wrap it in metal siding. I'm going to make the sides 3-6 inches taller than the roof to form a wall for carrying items like ladders on the roof. I want to wrap this top lip in diamond plate as well as add some diamomd plate accents. For the door I'm going to leave my gate on ,then add a section over it that will hinge up and stay up with the help of gas shocks. When I close the top door it will close over the lip on the gate ,then have a hasp on both sides to lock it up. I think this will be a pretty nice setup, 1/3 open 2/3 closed.
Anyway if you have any suggestions on where to buy diamond plate or any other helpful stuff I would appreciate it.

fga
09-24-2004, 06:30 PM
what sizes are you looking for? huge pieces (4' x 8') or smaller/ i can give a link to a guy i use on ebay. i have to get the link, so you'd have to give me a minute. you tell this guy what size you want, and he cuts it perfect, or he sells random sizes in his ebay store, so many sizes.... and his prices are more then fair. i had him cut me some pieces for my truck, and i'm having him make more when i figure out what i want to do. here is a pic of truck that i have posted i a 100 threads for different reasons but you can see the diamondplate on the sides of the dump body that i had him cut to the size i wanted. this was taken while i as putting it on, i have the pieces for the front on now.I'd like to have pieces that can screw on to the mud flapps so it looks even cool from the back. and his diamondplate is nice, not that cheap thin thin stuff.

fga
09-24-2004, 06:35 PM
here's that link. and he's awesome with the shipping prices also. i've recommended this guy several times. he asked to see what i did with it even, sent him some pics.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cutsmetal-Diamond-Plate-Store_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm

Smitty58
09-24-2004, 07:00 PM
fga- thanks I'll check him out.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
10-01-2004, 08:58 PM
Hey , since your going through all the trouble to make this trailer, why not make the framing out of steel or aluminum , probably be lighter than wood and last alot longer too ???? Could bolt or weld it up....??

qualitylandscaping
10-04-2004, 11:30 PM
wow those are good prices!! A 4x8 sheet of it is going for around $300 here.. :dizzy:

fga
10-05-2004, 12:46 AM
wow those are good prices!! A 4x8 sheet of it is going for around $300 here.. :dizzy:
his service is excellent also. very fair on the shipping.