PDA

View Full Version : Flyer

huntercook33
09-26-2004, 04:19 PM
This isn't prited yet, just messing around with a couple of flyers I made. What'd you guys think needs work.

Wreak
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
Good looking flyer.

Just a few things.

Edging not Edgeing.

$30 per truckload? Regular pick-up truck load? Where will you haul the debris? Does it cost to dump? You going to be using a chainsaw to cut up fallen trees, etc? You will be charging to cut things up and pick up the debris on top of the $30 to haul it away?

huntercook33
09-26-2004, 06:23 PM
$30 a truck load, if we have to cut it or not.

huntercook33
09-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Here is the revised. Fixed spelling and changed the hammock guy to a flamingo.

Lux Lawn
09-26-2004, 10:19 PM
$30 a truck load, if we have to cut it or not.

Your going to load up your truck and haul it all away for a total of $30 IS THAT RIGHT?

huntercook33
09-26-2004, 10:23 PM
THAT IS RIGHT. We dump on my friends property. Easy way to make $500 in a few hours.

huntercook33
09-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Just noticed the flyer says "we cannot cannot cut trees"

Wreak
09-26-2004, 10:30 PM
THAT IS RIGHT. We dump on my friends property. Easy way to make $500 in a few hours.

How can you make $500 in a few hours if you only charge $30 for each load? That's 16.6 trips in a "few" hours. Can you make that many trips in a few hours? Do you charge per hour for however long it takes you to actually load the truck?

I know this is about the flyer so I'll shut up about how much you charge.

Either way, good job on the flyer.

huntercook33
09-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Oh no its fine. Most of the debris that people pay us for are branches. The branches take up a tremendous amount of room for the weight of them. We can easily load the truck in 5 or 6 minutes, hual it to the property in another 10 minutes. So its about $30 every 15 or 20 of work.

Team Gopher
09-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi huntercook33,

I like the section to write in the customer specific prices.

huntercook33
09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Thanks, I try to make the customer feel like they're getting a personalized service.

NickN
09-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Monthly is mis-spelled.
Also,a wedding is a special occasion.Not a hurricane.
Might re-phrase that to "natural disaster".

g-scapes
09-27-2004, 03:28 PM
NickN beat me to it..."monthly", and I agree with him, "special occasion" is more like a birthday party, not a hurricane. Maybe use "events", or "natural disasters". Honestly, you could probably also get away with just adding a section that is more specific about hurricane cleanup rather than just add it as a side-note. Since it sounds like you can make a good bit of money helping clean up, might as well get more specific and aim for helping folks clean up.

Grn Mtn
09-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Please don't be the low baller just making a few extra bucks because you don't have any overhead like insurance or otherwise good business sense. People will pay for honest work, and value the dollar. Charge at least $65, run some numbers and you'll see that figure is still too low, but here is another thing to consider, the person who only will pay the least amount of money will become your worst nightmare. Either they will argue you could have put more on your truck and bad mouth you or they may make a fictitious claim you wrecked something of theirs and sue you.
I'm in the process of joining the ALCU so I can help our profession become more respected blah blah blah.
Also, what do you mean by "American"? your equipment is all American made?, you don't have any Mexicans working with you?, ???

Grn Mtn
09-27-2004, 03:59 PM
politics aside, from a design perspective G-Scapes is right. Emphasis the Hauling, "specializing in storm clean-up". Put this in larger type under your header, at the bottom you can list "other services available".
Don't be so spread out, think of it as a billboard, you only have seven words to work with, any more and people can't read them in time, or they get bored and don't finish it.

BobbyKnight
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
monthly not montly

huntercook33
09-28-2004, 03:29 PM
I mean by All American, that we don't hire any illeagle immigrants. One of my friends took a statistics class in college and people pay more and look up to business's that are "All American" or have "national" or "American" in the name. And with the war and terrorism I think it would but good for business, no ones going to say "Hey All American, those cheapo's."

tonygreek
09-29-2004, 09:42 AM
Be sure that if you are going to tout your "American" heritage, you use spell-check. Something not-so-vaguely hypocritical about the point you are trying to get across and the point you are getting across.

Tony

haynestotallawns
09-29-2004, 01:27 PM
Is a hurricane a special occasion or a special circumstance? I would go with circumstance. Here lately theirs nothing special or occasional about hurricanes around here.