PDA

View Full Version : Pricing high weeds and brush

Budboy3
09-26-2004, 07:27 PM
I need some advise on what to charge for cutting down high weeds and brush.
The properties are empty/abandoned and the cost is being added on to the owners property taxes.

The question i have is
1. how much should I charge for trash removal (one lot with 7 foot high weeds has 8 tires in it).

2. how much for tree and branch removal.

I have done some clean up for regular customers but this jopb is a per bid job with the city. 2 other companies got the list also but called and said they won't touch the properties.

any advise would be helpful

thanks, :help:
budboy

o-so-n-so
09-26-2004, 08:00 PM
I can do jobs like that for $100.00 an hour...me and a helper. This is total time + the added of dump fees and other expenses. I feel that my price is borderline cheep. I don't get alot of jobs at this price and thats fine.

Add 2 hours over the time you think it will take complete the job....start with the intention on finishing in the estimated time. Every minute you go over that mark..you lose money.

Critical Care
09-28-2004, 09:12 PM
There are variables that determine how hard of a job this is going to be.

First of all, most clients want a quoted dollar amount rather than a so much per hour rate. They're afraid that you wouldn't work quickly on an hourly basis.

Some considerations are...

Is there more debris than what you can haul off in one trip?
How far or hard is it to haul the debris to your truck or trailer? From a back yard, or through a fenced area?
Do you have all the tools for the job?
How much money to dump the debris, to get rid of the tires, and how much time to do all of this?
How far to the job site and then to the dump? They may not take tires!

Because of the variables, most of these jobs I like charging by the hour, like o-so-n-so, but it doesn't always fly with clients. I therefore tell them that I'll charge them X amount of dollars for up to X amount of hours, and will attempt to get all completed with the understanding that any additional work needed could be agreed upon by both parties. I feel that this is a modified charge per hour method, and they tend to like this better.