PDA

View Full Version : Toolcat Utility Work Machine

Moguy
09-27-2004, 02:36 PM
I was recently looking through a trade magazine and seen an ad for one of these. Does anyone have any experience with Bobcat utility vehicles? Any thoughts on this machine or others similar would be appreciated.

http://www.bobcat.com/products/twm/features.html

Fishin LCO
09-27-2004, 06:07 PM
I would love to know how much they are if you know. Would love to have one.

Tigerotor77W
09-27-2004, 08:15 PM
No such thing as a similar machine. :)

I have heard they are doing very well. When the Fall issue of Worksaver is on Bobcat.com, I suggest you take a look at the articles on there. There are some videos of it already on the side.

Maybe a little light duty to double as a pickup truck, but for many, many situations, will probably be just as effective as a pickup. (Unless you're trying to pull a Cat 287B out of the mud...)

Avery
09-27-2004, 10:18 PM
I would love to know how much they are if you know. Would love to have one.
Would not do you or me much good. I doubt they go very well in sand! :cool:

Tigerotor77W
09-28-2004, 10:25 AM
No, probably not very good in sand... but 10" of ground clearance isn't too bad for other stuff.

Moguy
09-28-2004, 10:22 PM
I went to demo the 5600 turbo today and it's a very impressive machine, to say the least. As BobcatS250 said, there are many situations it can be used for. I was amazed at how many attachments are available to use with it. The 5600 turbo was loaded with a sticker price of $32,500.

Tigerotor77W
09-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Absolutely. There are quite the number of attachments to use on it. Since we're on this topic, I'll give some brief advantages of the machine. If you want disadvantages, just post and I'll list them.

1) Good transport speed. 18 mph may not be highway legal, but it's definitely not bad for small towns or utilities that need machines to go a few hundred feet in a jiffy.

2) Excellent axle torque. This machine will push very, very well.

3) Dump box. Carries just about anything; dumps it (if you want to) when you're done. Low loading height as well. If you put a snow blade in front, you can put a spreader in the rear to do two jobs at once.

4) Aux. hydraulics. Allows you to run a multitude of attachments with ease. Mows grass extremely welll and does not churn up the grass due to AWS.

5) 4x4x4 -- four wheel steering, four wheel drive. Pretty self-explanatory. 10" ground clearnace. Granted it won't go through what a Hummer can, but not bad for a utility machine.

6) Operator comfort. Suspension seat, AC, heating, hydrostat trans, very nice. Excl cab, wipers, defroster... all add to comfort. Plus there are two seats in the cab meaning you can take someone along without being too bored. (Guess the two seats are everywhere though)

7) Dealer service -- Bobcat name is strong so is dealer support.

That wasn't in any particular order or very specific. Let me know if you want more info,

toy1
10-01-2004, 12:29 PM
I was justed quoted a 5600 with bucket and heat and ac at 36000. it seems that this is a high price? Compared to 32500. Can you tell me what full loaded means so as I can compare.Thanks

Tigerotor77W
10-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Different areas will sell for different prices, generally.

Fully loaded -- turbo, high flow, encl cab, AC, dump bed, turn signals, weather package.

Fishin LCO
10-01-2004, 07:20 PM
If it cant do the job in the sand...it would not get much use here. I do like the versitility of that machine though.

Tigerotor77W
10-02-2004, 04:46 PM
How deep of sand do you work in? What is your line of work?

Avery
10-02-2004, 05:23 PM
He and both work in what the locals call "sugar" sand. Very deep, very soft. A skidsteer w/o tracks is useless in this stuff. Even 4WD utility tractors have a tough time. No way that rig would go in it empty, much less with a load.

Tigerotor77W
10-02-2004, 06:19 PM
:lol: definitely not...

rgjlawn
11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
I was justed quoted a 5600 with bucket and heat and ac at 36000. it seems that this is a high price? Compared to 32500. Can you tell me what full loaded means so as I can compare.Thanks
we bought a neew 5600 turbo loaded with heat air (6) stobes and am/fm with bucket 32500. we put a new 8'hd boss :cool2: :cool2: :blob3: :angry: :angry: on it with a honda 928 blower in bed for in front of door and small walks.

rgjlawn
11-30-2004, 06:16 PM
we bought a neew 5600 turbo loaded with heat air (6) strobes and am/fm with bucket 32500. we put a new 8'hd boss :cool2: :cool2: :blob3: :angry: :angry: on it with a honda 928 blower in bed for in front of door and small walks.

ksss
11-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Bobcat250,

Can I get one in POWER TAN? :D :D :D :D

Tigerotor77W
12-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Me? I'm confused...

maybe that's why I'm in school!

D Felix
12-03-2004, 01:22 AM
My guess is you could use turf tires on it, running a much lower than standard psi pressure and be OK for most things in the sand. If you could get larger tires you'd probably be better off too.:)

I think they weigh in around 4400 pounds empty. They are great machines if you can use them. As far as lifting capacity, they are in between an MT50/52 and a smaller skidsteer, I believe the boom has an ROC of 1500 pounds, while the bed has an ROC of 2000.

The hydrostat is nice, but IIRC, it would be better if the pedal was a little stiffer. Again, IIRC, when you put the pedal down, it takes a second to move. Kinda hard to feather the pedal, in other words. I think a stiffer pedal with more of a direct linkage would be better than what's currently there.

All in all, they are a great machine. I don't see the average landscaper buying one, but they would be great for those that maintain large estates and maintenance departments at institutions and large commercial properties. Get two and they can load each other!

Dan