PDA

View Full Version : Non-working Business Owners?

NCL
09-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Any Business owners out there no longer doing the physical work in the field anymore?? How long did it take you to get to this point and how many crews are you running??

olderthandirt
09-27-2004, 09:22 PM
I don't do much anymore, and it only took 29 yrs to get here, 1 crew but we do mostly landscaping not mowing

Mac

LawnsRUsInc.
09-30-2004, 09:32 PM
I have 1 crew for maint. 2 guys full time 60-65hrs a week. I owned the company sold it, guy defaulted within a year took it back and incorporated it on aug 1st 2002 with 13 customers left $hit!!. I make more money not doing the physical work and doing just sales. And all equipment is 2 years old or newer enclosed trailer, z's, 2 dumps and 1 acre comm. land. All that i owe is 17k on one truck. So NCL make the leap when you can, you should hire a helper for 2-3 weeks that has experience and show him or her what you expect. Then ask paco if he has a experienced friend. Build your business don't build a job. That way when your sick (like me today) you can still operate. One piece of advise from a friend of mine is to have crews of 3 in case 1 guy isn't working out has to take of or just doesn't show up.

Jason

J Haugner
10-01-2004, 04:21 AM
I have 1 crew for maint. 2 guys full time 60-65hrs a week. I owned the company sold it, guy defaulted within a year took it back and incorporated it on aug 1st 2002 with 13 customers left $hit!!. I make more money not doing the physical work and doing just sales. And all equipment is 2 years old or newer enclosed trailer, z's, 2 dumps and 1 acre comm. land. All that i owe is 17k on one truck. So NCL make the leap when you can, you should hire a helper for 2-3 weeks that has experience and show him or her what you expect. Then ask paco if he has a experienced friend. Build your business don't build a job. That way when your sick (like me today) you can still operate. One piece of advise from a friend of mine is to have crews of 3 in case 1 guy isn't working out has to take of or just doesn't show up.

Well said ' :cool2: Packo'