PDA

View Full Version : Something I'm Tinkering with

Expert Lawns
09-28-2004, 09:35 PM
What do you think? It's not done yet, but wanted to get some input half way through.............

kemmer
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
i cant read it, lol, sry, try a more legible font

l1011100
09-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Nice background, last fall I got some paper from office max that looked alot like that and printed my flyer on that.

Up North
09-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Expert, I like the background but the font (lettering) is hard to read. I'm sure it's better in real life, but maybe change it up a bit and use a font that's a little easier to read for the small print. And maybe center the picture, it seems justified left a bit. Not trying to bash it, but as you well know first impressions are important. I've seen pics of your work and it's top notch, your flyers should be also. Just my couple cents worth.

Buck

walker-talker
09-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Ok...10% I can see that happening....but 2 free mowings????? You better put in small print..."restrictions may apply". I have a 5000 sq ft lawn that has minimal amount of leaves. You might charge $100....with 10% discount knocks it down to $90. 2 mowings and $25 each knocks the leaf job down to $40....not good. The flyer looks good BTW.

tonygreek
09-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Looks great....however... :rolleyes:

As others have pointed out the font, I'll take it a step further and specifically point out the color as an issue. Gold/Yellow print rarely shows up well, especially if it's on a yellow leaf. I moved one of the layers and see that the yellow font is set on a white box. If so, I'd pick a bold color and ditch that yellow idea.

Also, since it looks like a pic you took, why not take one of a yard covered in leaves? Or a split before and after if you want to show a clean lawn. You're in Michigan, so I know you must have plenty of yards to choose from, as we Buckeyes have covered lawns already.

I'll echo the 2 free mowing sentiment. Might want to cover yourself on that idea, which I think is excessive to begin with.

Go Bucks!

Tony,
Dayton, Ohio

Team Gopher
09-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi Expert Lawns,

You do such a great job on these yards from the photos we have seen. Did you ever consider using one of your yard images as a background for a full color door hanger or post card design? I think that would look fantastic!

Expert Lawns
09-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks for all the comments. Some of you said you are having trouble reading the flyer due to the font/color. When it comes up on MS Word, and even when I print a test copy, everything is legible and bright.

The 10% off and 2 free mowings is just something I was playing with. I haven't quite figured out what discounts I'm going to put in there. Probably something along the lines of 10% off fall cleanup with a 2005 mowing service agreement OR 2 free mowings when you sign a 2005 service agreement. I will put up a revised copy as soon as i get a chance.

Anyone have any idea why the font/color is hard to read for some people?

tonygreek
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Because the font is yellow. Yellow text on a white background is inherently difficult to see, unless it is outlined in a darker color.

Tony

Expert Lawns
09-29-2004, 08:40 PM
font shows up brown on my computer. brown and bold. stands out well

Up North
09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
font shows up brown on my computer. brown and bold. stands out well

Expert, if you think it looks good in real life...run with it. Usually what you see on the computer vs. the naked eye are two different things. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Buck

P.S. If you make big bucks off it...I want a copy with my name on it!!! payup :D