PDA

View Full Version : New rig finally coming together

HazellLawnCare
09-30-2004, 01:19 PM
My new rig is finally coming together. Here are pics of my new truck and trailer and I've already posted pics of the bed on this forum. The truck is getting the bed put on it right now. I will take some more pics of the truck with the bed on it and then everything after I get it all lettered.

HazellLawnCare
09-30-2004, 01:23 PM
This is a 28ft Haulmark Elite Race trailer with 6000lb axles and a 4ft ramp door on the side.

HazellLawnCare
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM
And here they are together.

Eric 1
09-30-2004, 02:01 PM
Thats a sweet looking rig, especially when you get that bed put on.

Is that a 04 35000 Durmax?

HazellLawnCare
09-30-2004, 04:16 PM
It is an 05 with the Duramax

kemmer
09-30-2004, 07:26 PM
how about some inside pics?

LwnmwrMan22
09-30-2004, 08:17 PM
My new rig is finally coming together. Here are pics of my new truck and trailer and I've already posted pics of the bed on this forum. The truck is getting the bed put on it right now. I will take some more pics of the truck with the bed on it and then everything after I get it all lettered.

Were you the one that posted the all-diamond plate body for the truck?

If you were, make sure you extend your hitch out from under the body aways.

I've seen 2-3-4-5 enclosed trailers around here with holes punched in the front of them from turning dump bodied and extended flat bed trucks too sharp and putting the corner of the body into the front of the trailer.

Lux Lawn
09-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I think you need a bigger trailer ,just kidding looks real nice.

Lawnworks
09-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Awesome man!!! BUT I would hate make those payments!!!

LawnBoy89
09-30-2004, 08:50 PM
How many mowers do you have? That thing is HUGE. I can't imagine how much that put you back. Better start mowin'!!

Very nice trailer, good luck with it, now you don't even have to unload your mowers.

BrianK10
09-30-2004, 09:36 PM
God help you when it comes to making a U-Turn! Very nice combo though. That Duramax will pull that thing with ease. Best of Luck!

Brian

HazellLawnCare
09-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Yes the diamond tread plate bed is going on this truck. As for putting the bed corner into the trailer you just have to be a good driver. I have a 93 Chevy with a dump bed on it and pull a 24ft enclosed with it and I've had it for 5 years now and the front of it isn't messed up. I will get some inside pics once I've got the trailer all painted inside and the racks built. The trailer will be home for 2 liquid cooled Toro Z's 60" with 3 bag baggers, 2 44" Toro hydro walkbehinds, and 4 21" proline push mowers. This will be a completely new rig, new truck, trailer, and mowers. With my other truck and trailer U turns have never been a problem and it is an extended cab with a 9ft dump body and a trailer exactly like this one only 4ft shorter, so I don't expect this setup to be much different.

Up North
10-01-2004, 01:18 AM
HazellLawnCare,
Dang!! Must have been a good year! Or should I say years...Obviously you've got many happy customers and are doing things right. Congrats! Since this is my first year I can only dream about getting to the point you're at...but I'm chipping away at it. Congrats again, nice looking set up.

Buck

SCAG POWER
10-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Thats one huge trailer tou have there.Have you thought about putting an A/C unit in it? With that much space you mite even be able to fit a small office up front in the trailer.

When you start working on the inside you will have to send out some progress reports on how thing are going. :cool:

TURF DOCTOR
10-01-2004, 08:35 AM
Man that is a head turner i have never saw a side ramp door.For a 36 walkbehind. I have haulmarks here.

HazellLawnCare
10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey thanks for the comments guys. I can't wait to get this thing on the road. As for putting an AC unit or office in the trailer, I won't do either. The trailer will be standing open while we are mowing so what's the point of running AC and for the office there isn't enough room. I know it's a big trailer but will be full of mowers.

beransfixitinc
10-01-2004, 02:01 PM
The trailer will be standing open while we are mowing ............ will be full of mowers.

Might not be full of mowers for long if you leave it open and nobody is in sight and you come back and things are stolen out of it. Why have an enclosed trailer, if you aren't going to keep it locked up while away from it?

HazellLawnCare
10-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I've been running an enclosed trailer for 5 years now and we leave it open when we are working out of it. I've never had anything stolen, besides someone is almost always in view of the trailer. I guess I'm just in a different area than you.

LwnmwrMan22
10-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Might not be full of mowers for long if you leave it open and nobody is in sight and you come back and things are stolen out of it. Why have an enclosed trailer, if you aren't going to keep it locked up while away from it?

I've had an enclosed trailer for 8 years, leave it open ALL the time, usually a block or two away from it if I'm mowing some of the larger commercial stuff, Wal-Marts, strip malls, schools, etc.

I've never had anything taken out of the trailer.

Wreak
10-02-2004, 12:56 AM
HOLY MOLY!! Awesome man. You are the type of LCO that other LCO's say to each other, "Damn, look at that rig". If you put any logo's on your trailer it'll be like looking at a billboard. Screw the flyers. LOL :p

Groundcover Solutions
10-02-2004, 02:01 AM
I've had an enclosed trailer for 8 years, leave it open ALL the time, usually a block or two away from it if I'm mowing some of the larger commercial stuff, Wal-Marts, strip malls, schools, etc.

I've never had anything taken out of the trailer.

Where I am at, it dose not matter if it is locked up and hooked up to your truck. They will take it all. If you don't keep an eye on it, it will be gone in no time. We left a 100 ft hose at a site over night, the hose is worthless to anyone but another blower truck co. Well we returne the next day... Its gone, in 5 years with 4 trucks no one has ever stolen one of our hoses. Things get worse everyday. But hey that is my area, I would love to be able to trust every one else.

PrecisionLawnsInc
10-03-2004, 01:45 PM
At least keep an eye on your stuff. We had an FS85 string trimmer with a edger attachment taken from our truck earlier this year. It was early in the season in our first year in business so I'm sure you can imagine how tight money was. Good luck and super nice rig!

Ty

bettergrass
10-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Wow that rig is going to be absolutly awesome......I know when im driving and i see rigs like that i always turn my head to see who owns it.......good luck man

bettergrass
10-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Another question......how do you expect to stop that thing in a emergency break......if you says its full of mowers and its that big of a trailer. Are you planning on upgrading anything to fix that?

LwnmwrMan22
10-04-2004, 02:56 AM
Another question......how do you expect to stop that thing in a emergency break......if you says its full of mowers and its that big of a trailer. Are you planning on upgrading anything to fix that?

Um, trailers have break-away switches. If the trailer comes unhitched from the tow vehicle, there's a wire attached to the tow vehicle that pulls a pin out of a little box, usually mounted on the tongue of the trailer, that'll engage the brakes on the trailer.

bettergrass
10-04-2004, 06:04 PM
i wasnt talking about if it comes off of the hitch.....i meant in general.......thats alot of weight for his truck if you ask me

HazellLawnCare
10-04-2004, 06:50 PM
The truck and trailer both have good brakes on them.

LwnmwrMan22
10-04-2004, 08:03 PM
i wasnt talking about if it comes off of the hitch.....i meant in general.......thats alot of weight for his truck if you ask me

what?

what kind of question is that?

bettergrass
10-04-2004, 08:23 PM
ok thats all i wanted too know....what do you mean what kind of question is that....my cousin who runs a large rig....8x20ft trailer loaded with 2 diesel ztr's and a few walk-behinds got in a reck this year simply cause he couldn't slow it down quick enough.....all the traffic stopped really fast on the highway from people merging on and he couldn't make it and rear ended the person infront of him. He drives a 3500 cummins too so i would rank it and the gmc at pretty much the same braking performance......and to add to it you have a bigger trailer

QMVA
10-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Something doesn't sound right here. How is your cousin able to get in a wreck because of highway traffic slowing down to fast but big rigs around him were probably able to do just fine. My guess is one he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. Two all or his brakes were shot or three he wasn't the proper distance from the car in front of him. Now my parents pull a 12,000 pound boat on a tri-axle trailer and 4 disk brakes around and it will stop fine. Not a record or anything but with the proper care your not going to rear-end anyone. Common sense is a big part of pulling a trailer. Use it and you wont have any trouble don't and it'll come up and bite you in the @ss. Just my .02

LwnmwrMan22
10-05-2004, 12:27 AM
ok thats all i wanted too know....what do you mean what kind of question is that....my cousin who runs a large rig....8x20ft trailer loaded with 2 diesel ztr's and a few walk-behinds got in a reck this year simply cause he couldn't slow it down quick enough.....all the traffic stopped really fast on the highway from people merging on and he couldn't make it and rear ended the person infront of him. He drives a 3500 cummins too so i would rank it and the gmc at pretty much the same braking performance......and to add to it you have a bigger trailer

Okay, now I get what you're trying to say.

I agree, it IS harder to stop, obviously. I've had people lock up their brakes on me before, right in front of me and it does take a little longer, just gotta keep looking past the tailgate in front of you and look past them when you're driving, that's all.

bettergrass
10-05-2004, 06:39 PM
yea ok i was gonna say....but anyways have to say i still love that setup

myoder
10-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Nice rig! Can't wait to see some finished dump pics and trailer pics... Congrats

qualitylandscaping
10-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Sweet!! Is that trailer CDL requirement? Mine is rated right at 10,000lb GWV.. CDL requirement is anything over 10,000..

Nice setup :waving:

qualitylandscaping
10-08-2004, 08:32 PM

I'm sure he has the same setup I do.. Heavy duty brakes on the truck and brakes on both axles on the trailer.. They actually stop pretty well, if your paying attention of course.

HazellLawnCare
10-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted any new pics yet. My truck was supposed to be done last Friday, well they are now saying it should be done Monday at 5 and the trailer was supposed to be lettered today but one side of it didn't get done. It is coming close though and it is really looking good.

As for the stopping issue, the truck has good heavy duty brakes on it and the trailer has heavy duty brakes on both axles.

bettergrass
10-13-2004, 10:02 PM
wheres the pics man.......

gorrell
10-14-2004, 12:14 AM
here's pics of mine...............Lynn

GLS
10-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Dang Lynn...what's the tare weight of that trailer with all 4 of the choppers on there? Looks like you have the right tow rig for the job though :drinkup:

gorrell
10-14-2004, 08:40 AM
GLS, weight is just a shade under 22,000 with drivers in the truck and machines full of fuel.................Lynn

LwnmwrMan22
10-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Sweet!! Is that trailer CDL requirement? Mine is rated right at 10,000lb GWV.. CDL requirement is anything over 10,000..

Nice setup :waving:

You MIGHT want to double check that weight rating. Here in MN, ANYTHING used for commercial business now, from a Dodge Omni, to a single place snowmobile trailer, to a 53' semi, is under CDL laws. They changed this about 2 years ago.

Liberty Lawncare
10-14-2004, 10:04 AM
That is one sweet set up. :cool: Is the truck set up for a snow plow? I would love that truck with a fisher plow in sport red. I just dont have the $ yet :cry: Good luck cant wait to see the finished product.

HazellLawnCare
10-14-2004, 10:25 AM
I am going to pick up the truck this afternoon guys. My upfitter has been really behind and the cab and chassis sit for a few days before he was able to mount the hoist and the bed. The trailer is lettered I will probably go hook onto it once I get the truck. I ordered a Western 9'6" MVP plow for the truck, hope I like it I've never had a V plow. I'll try and get some pictures this afternoon of the truck and trailer hooked together. Then I'll start in the trailer and I'll take some inside pics once I've got it setup inside.

QMVA
10-14-2004, 05:51 PM
In Nebraska the GVW is around 26000lb to have to have a CDL. Under that and you only have to be DOTed.

Liberty Lawncare
10-17-2004, 11:08 AM
whats up whares the pictures of the finished truck???

HazellLawnCare
10-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Sorry I was too busy with the new truck and trailer this weekend making money that I didn't get any pics taken. Its raining today so I'll have to clean it up before I post.

Lawnworks
10-18-2004, 11:19 PM
I just quit college because I was making twice the money my professors were making.

I just saw this in your profile, and it seems we are in the same situation! Its hard to take a professor's advice when you live in a bigger house than him at 1/3 the age!! I havent totally quit college yet, but it went from 5 classes to 2 classes at night. Sounds like your doing something right!

gotgreen?
10-26-2004, 01:35 AM
Sorry I was too busy with the new truck and trailer this weekend making money that I didn't get any pics taken. Its raining today so I'll have to clean it up before I post How long is it going to take you to clean your new toys. :angry:

jimslawns
10-30-2004, 03:18 PM
With a rig that size Hazel's still out washing ;) It's really been nice here in the area this weekend, maybe he'll be finished by monday :)

In Missouri you are required to have a Class E Lic to drive for a buisness. A class A licence is required for a combonation vehicle with a GVW greater than 26001 lbs and a trailer with a GVW greater than 10000. To avoid a situation you can request your trailer manufacter to rate the GVW less than 10K.

Many courier and delivery companies order trucks this way to avoid the CDL requirements, often companies will advertise trucks for sale as "Under CDL" which will let you drive these trucks usually with just a "chauffeur's" license.

This is the way it was explained to me. I asked because I had a trailer with a GVW greater than 10K. I already had a CDL but wondered about my employees. You can drive drive trucks with air brakes legally if the GVW is less than 26000 lbs without an air brake endorment as well.

youngdude
10-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Must still be cleaning his tinny set-up, j/k.

gotgreen?
10-31-2004, 11:50 PM
HazellLawnCare Need help posting pics of new rig

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got the pics of my new rig but I'm getting sometime of runtime error on my computer when it tries to open a second internet window automatically. I can email someone the pics of my new rig if they would post them. Is anyone interesed? Leave me your email address.

I will help but my pc connection is really slow :realmad:, can anybody help :drinkup:

ALarsh
11-01-2004, 09:33 AM
I told him I would do it in this post: http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=87124

He never sent me the pics.

ALarsh
11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Here is HazellLawnCare's new rig:

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27723&stc=1

ALarsh
11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27724&stc=1

ALarsh
11-01-2004, 05:16 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27725&stc=1

gotgreen?
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Nice equipment ALarsh, by the way there is a guy in Marshall, Missouri with the same name for his company :D .

Very nice HazellLawnCare, like to have something like that in a few years but with a trailer a little shorter then yours, is it hard to drive it around town? what do you carry inside? any pics of the inside?

ALarsh
11-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Nice equipment ALarsh, by the way there is a guy in Marshall, Missouri with the same name for his company :D .

Very nice HazellLawnCare, like to have something like that in a few years but with a trailer a little shorter then yours, is it hard to drive it around town? what do you carry inside? any pics of the inside?

I found these pics he posted: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=83412

splatz100
11-01-2004, 08:50 PM
thats really nice

twwlawn
11-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Great looking rig you got there.

syzer
11-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Man, that is a gorgeous get up man! One of the best I have seen!

work_it
11-02-2004, 01:51 AM
Holly lawn rigs Batman!!! I think that thing covers 2 zip codes. I love it!!!

tiedeman
11-03-2004, 04:05 AM
nice looking truck Hazell. Looks sharp!!!

plow
11-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Nice rig ! I wonder if your customers will think your making too much money off them ! Good luck. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shuter
11-05-2004, 03:41 PM
How about some pictures of the inside of the trailer??

HazellLawnCare
11-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Sorry guys, no inside pics yet. Right now it is full of mowers and all the handhelds are in the way on the floor. I will get everything mounted and painted up over the winter. Right now this setup is too busy paying for itself to sit still.

HazellLawnCare
11-18-2004, 01:01 PM
All of you guys that think bagging is too much work need a setup like this.

drsogr
11-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Pretty sweet rig....where is the bedroom at? Looks as big as some mobile homes!

FrankenScagMachines
11-19-2004, 12:25 AM
All of you guys that think bagging is too much work need a setup like this.
Agreed. I have kinda the same general type of setup, only a little smaller and not as fancy. I have a '89 Ford F350 with a 12' flatbed with sides, 22' custom open trailer with all the goodies, and a 52" Z with three bag vac system. Makes bagging a breeze :cool2: satisfy the picky customers, save mess and cleanup time, make lawns look top notch, etc. :cool2: payup payup :D