PDA

View Full Version : New Plow

wriken
10-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Got my new plow put on today, Blizzard 810.

QMVA
10-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Nice looking rig. Hope you have fun with it this winter.

Up North
10-02-2004, 01:13 AM
that's a sweet looking plow there Wriken. I'm putting the 760lt on my 1/2 ton in a couple weeks. When my truck grows up (hopefully have a 3/4 ton next year) I'll throw the 810 on her... :blob3:

What kind of stove/boiler is that in the background? It looks like a Central?? I have a Woodmaster that heats the house, shop, and our hot water, love it. Used about 14 cords or so last winter (coldest winter we've had in some time) and just got 15 cords delivered today for this winter. Cut up about 3 cords of it tonight...still looks like a mountain.

Buck

wriken
10-02-2004, 08:50 AM
that's a sweet looking plow there Wriken. I'm putting the 760lt on my 1/2 ton in a couple weeks. When my truck grows up (hopefully have a 3/4 ton next year) I'll throw the 810 on her... :blob3:

What kind of stove/boiler is that in the background? It looks like a Central?? I have a Woodmaster that heats the house, shop, and our hot water, love it. Used about 14 cords or so last winter (coldest winter we've had in some time) and just got 15 cords delivered today for this winter. Cut up about 3 cords of it tonight...still looks like a mountain.

Buck

Ita a Western Pacific, Now called Hydronic's, but going on 3rd year. I may go up to a bigger model for not this year, but next winter. I'm 110% satisfied with the performance of this. I used 117 gal of propane last year (June 03-July 04) I still use gas for clothes dryer, cooking, hot water, and back-up furnance.

Up North
10-03-2004, 01:03 AM
Ita a Western Pacific, Now called Hydronic's, but going on 3rd year. I may go up to a bigger model for not this year, but next winter. I'm 110% satisfied with the performance of this. I used 117 gal of propane last year (June 03-July 04) I still use gas for clothes dryer, cooking, hot water, and back-up furnance.

We use electric for backup, dryer, range, hot water (summer). I was thinking about cranking ours up this weekend but now they're calling for temps back in the 70's next week so probably hold off another week or two.

Buck

wriken
10-04-2004, 07:23 PM
We use electric for backup, dryer, range, hot water (summer). I was thinking about cranking ours up this weekend but now they're calling for temps back in the 70's next week so probably hold off another week or two.

Buck

I was thinking the same thing, probably a week or 2

myoder
10-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Nice plow! Good luck with it

qualitylandscaping
10-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Man thats a sweet plow!!

My 8.6' western V will be here this week, hopefully. The dealer said it would be in Sept. 22.. YA RIGHT!! :realmad:

Anyway, have fun with it! :waving:

HayBay
10-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Wriken,

Nice 810. I am looking at getting one before the snow falls here.

Priced at 6,995 Canadian. 1 day install.

Do you have the joystick controller? How does it feel, I hear the controllers for the blizzard are ancient technology.

I really like the adjustable wings, can you control the wing(s) to go in/out part way or is it just in/out fully?

Thanks.

wriken
10-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Wriken,

Nice 810. I am looking at getting one before the snow falls here.

Priced at 6,995 Canadian. 1 day install.

Do you have the joystick controller? How does it feel, I hear the controllers for the blizzard are ancient technology.

I really like the adjustable wings, can you control the wing(s) to go in/out part way or is it just in/out fully?

Thanks.

I bought the touch pad style, but may order a joy stick, and use the touch pad for a back-up. The wing will stop when ever you stop, when pushed all the way out they swing forward. With the optional touch pad, I paid 4509.00 installed. I took it back because I was not happy with the install, took my tow hooks off, and lower valance, then forgot to hook a wind-flapper thing back up under my radiator. They fixed it right, and now it is mounted higher, like it should be. This weekend I am putting my back-rack on, with 2 ally lights on, get the strobe mounted, put 2 lights, mounted in my rear bumper, and put the mount on for the salt spreader, I also have a mounting tower to go down on the center floor board, to put the box with the various electric switches, and salt controller, and switch to convert from truck lights to plow lights. The electric control box has 5, 20 amp switches, 2 will control the ally lights, 1 for the strobe, 1 for the bumper lights, leaving one empty, probably will find something for it.

HayBay
10-08-2004, 07:52 AM
I heard about the tow hooks/valance being an issue with some vehicles, I will check into that for my truck. Thanks.

wriken
10-08-2004, 09:15 AM
I heard about the tow hooks/valance being an issue with some vehicles, I will check into that for my truck. Thanks.

They can be mounted with the tow hooks still on the truck, but the valance will be cut some what. I'll try to get a pic later today, have to do payroll now. :realmad: