PDA

View Full Version : Nilsson's Article May Be Best Yet

turfquip
05-28-2000, 10:49 PM
<p>No, this is not a shameless attempt to divert LawnSite traffic...I won't even give the URL here. <p>But if you get a chance, and can look beyond any past transgressions you believe Phil may have committed, give his weekly article a look.<p>His observations this week are, as I said, guaranteed to increase your profitability if you take them to heart. I know they made a difference in how I'll be approaching the few install jobs I still handle each season.<p>Ed<br>

GrassRoots Lawn Care
05-29-2000, 12:24 AM
Come on, just a hint where to find it? <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

Nilsson Associates
05-29-2000, 06:01 AM
keywords nilsson find article profits<br>locator<br>www.turfquip.com<p>A-1 auto response systems<p>

thelawnguy
05-29-2000, 07:01 AM
Nothing new that hasnt been discussed here many times before over the past several weeks. <p>Maybe A-1 should review the agreement Big Daddy signed:<br>Conduct & Appropriate Use <br>You agree to use LawnSite.com for lawful purposes only. You may not use LawnSite.com to:<br>(edited for brevity)<br>Post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation; <br> <br>Y'know, just because your local Crack ***** decides to offer up a freebie doesnt mean its necessarily a good idea to take her up on the offer.<p>Bill<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: thelawnguy

Guido
05-29-2000, 07:05 AM
Phil, your going a little crazy with this a-1 auto response BS.......it doesn't make any sense.....I don't want to hear anything a robot has to say!! And if the article their talking about is the one I read in someones weekly lesson at a certain used equipment web site.......Thats your best ever???? Wow....I should start writing too......Is there good money in it?? I get about 5 different Green industry mag's and I can summerize a bunch of BS articles and state facts in a weekly lesson too. I have a good one on Job costing/pricing! I'm not doughting your experience, or bashing you....I just didn't see anything special in that article that was worth a post mentioning it here. Sorry A-1!<br><p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

turfquip
05-29-2000, 08:42 AM
<p>Guido:<p>A-1 didn't start this thread...and it doesn't matter to me what kind of technology Nilsson employs...why should it matter to you? I started this thread because the article had meaning to me. And since I extracted some benefit I felt that perhaps some LS members could benefit as well. Not all of course....a few seem to have an agenda. That's real clear now.<p>For me, out there still 'doing it' I've a tendency to fear blowing my prospects out of the water with high prices. Nilsson's article helps reinforce the notion that higher prices are possible. So, it's a personal mindset that the article addresses. Maybe for you it's something different.<p>You know what Guido, if you're mad at Phil for 'flip flopping' or whatever, I would refer to a recent post (not sure which thread) where you strongly uphold a certain posters' right to make uncensored, unedited, unpolitically correct comments. As I recall, you're the guy that went ballistic when Stone mentioned 'white slavery' as a possible labor source in the Stone Interview....am I right about that?<p>LawnGuy, you're always the first in line...rock in hand when Nilsson's name pops up..are you saying that whoever would offer up a freebie may be a crack *****? Does that apply to the new contributor to LS as well? While we are at it, would you kindly repeat your well worn axiom about consultants....thanks.<p>And who's Big Daddy? I know the Bengals signed a lineman a few years back so named...<p>Or, since you mentioned Big Daddy and crack whores in the same post, should we assume you run a cleaner stable of &quot;ho's&quot;? A case of self-aspiration?

Nilsson Associates
05-29-2000, 08:46 AM
GrassRoots asked where the site was, turfquip.com brought it up, A-1 auto response systems gave directions where to find it. Folks can go there to read and decide for themselves. <p>A-1<p><br> <p>

Nilsson Associates
05-29-2000, 09:16 AM
Good morning gentlemen ...<p>Nice sunny day, memorial day and thought I would intervene on this argument although I have better things to do today, I'm sure you do too.<p>Let me explain ...<p>A-1 is a real person who answers posts for Nilsson<p>A-1 auto response systems is a computer that answers posts based on key word input in posts via character recognition made possible by technology. A-1 auto response does not &quot;pick up&quot; on all words posted, it selects only a few words, key words found within posts. <p>When I post something, I sign with A-1<p>Guido, Bill, all others who feel they own the forum or possess a selfish interest,<br>the boards are not about any one individual.<br>Good people come here, bad people come here, the scum of the earth in spite of themselves<br>are strangely welcome as well. That's the downside, but their numbers are few. That's the upside.<p>A-1

greenlawncare
05-29-2000, 09:42 AM
It's as if he wants us to believe that his input into the industry is so important that he can't possibly answer all the posts by himself. Somehow the old guy has figured out a system whereby his computer automatically checks words in all lawn forum posts and responds to them. <p>Lets see what the robot responds to this: where to find that Nilsson is a phony?<p>See what that gets me?<p>&lt;B&gt;OR&lt;/B&gt; Maybe he realized that we were all laughing at him. I mean, how good can a consultant be who spends his entire day answering posts for free? The day of such a good consultant would be employed with many requests for paid consulting. So what to do? &quot;I love answering posts, seeing my own name up there, and having my head ballon in size - BUT...they're on to me!! HA! I'll create a bullshit robot and call it &quot;A-1&quot; - that will trick the dumb landscapers!&quot;<p>Speaking of being a dumb landscaper...reading his articles make me feel like I'm a dumb ass kid being explained nuclear theory to by a PHD in physics - until I shake my head and realize he's teaching common business sense that most of have anyway. At least &quot;this&quot; week &quot;he&quot; stopped &quot;using&quot; his &quot;annoying&quot; quotation marks &quot;in&quot; every &quot;sentenance&quot; he &quot;wrote&quot;.<p>What a joke.<p>

Charles
05-29-2000, 10:00 AM
This A-1 thing. Reminds me of that Seinfield episode. Where Kramer starts that company called kramamerica or something like that. He hires an assistant. An intern from a college... That was a funny episode just like this. Well keep it up phil. Least this is some kind of intertainment during this sickening drought.

trimmasters
05-29-2000, 10:17 AM
I Agree with greenlawn that A-1 is just some made up bs that he can hide behind when he says dumb Sh**!

Toroguy
05-29-2000, 10:18 AM
The A-1 auto reponse took over four hours to post the response...what is it, 2 Mhz? Why doesnt it respond to every question? It didnt answer my Maxwell question earlier, probably due to the keywords it requires. So with the keywords in mind I pose another question for the almighty A-1...<p>A-1, grass mower magazine Nilsson turfquip used exmark trimmer consultant best worst cost? <p>

Finecut
05-29-2000, 10:30 AM
Keywords: Bull ****, HO, Flip Flop, Conduct and appropriate, Joke, shameless attempt and Phil Nilsson.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Finecut

Nilsson Associates
05-29-2000, 11:16 AM
Personal attacks should not be allowed by a<br>responsible administration.<p>Those posting personal attacks should be barred from the forum.<p>There should be more rules, and penalties posted for those who use personal attacks<br>perhaps that a &quot;personal attacker&quot; would be barred from posting for a period of 6 months.<p>A-1<p>A-1

columbiaplower
05-29-2000, 11:25 AM
you used some form of personal attack 4 times in that post. I think your letting someone you dont even know get under your skin. if thats what u believe then ignor them. im not say i think any of its worng or right, im just saying you fogot the saying sticks and stones will break my bones but name will never hurt me. oh yeah one more thing free speech. Just think about it A-1 or whatever you are.

Finecut
05-29-2000, 11:26 AM
A-1 how did you pick that up? Was it the &quot;Swears&quot;? The keyword phoney was missing.