PDA

View Full Version : If you were starting over and could get one ZTR, which would it be?

Cutworm
10-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Thought I would rephrase the question and see if I could get some responses. You can also choose walk-behinds etc,
Thanks!

bladeheart
10-03-2004, 11:55 AM
There is a wealth of information if you use the search function. However, I personally think that any of the name brand mowers would work. I use a snapper 25hp kawi. with a 61 inch cut. It works great for me, and the price was right. I will be buying a diesel kabota in the spring but they are quite a bit more money. But then again, you get what you pay for.

Try the search function it really works well.

Have a good day,
Ryan

out4now
10-03-2004, 01:45 PM
If I was going to get back in I think I'd get Walkers becuase out here most want clippings bagged and Walkers have a lot of attachments. Exmark or Encore for a walk behind.

Richard Martin
10-03-2004, 03:18 PM
I'd get exactly what I bought in 2001... A Dixie Chopper. It has been literally flawless since the day I bought it. It's extremely easy to operate, comes from the factory with an OCDC, easy on maintenance, fits in my trailer, pulls a 2,000 pound load. I could go on and on.

bamacutter
10-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Can't beat a walker. Best mower in America.

Andyinchville2
10-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Exmark for walk behinds, Ferris for Zero turns....If I could only have 1 mower I would have to go with a Exmark 48 TTHP wih std pistol grips and the 17 HP Electric Stark Kawi.
(I do more smaller yrads than bigh yards)
Andrew

Metro Lawn
10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Same as now.... Hustler Super Zs and Exmark Turf Tracers

shepoutside
10-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Walker No. 1 in my area, and I love them :blob3:

Avery
10-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Toro Z Master.

Envy Lawn Service
10-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Dang fine question... But heck I dunno... I've asked myself the same questions a few times over the years and every time I gave myself a different answer. A time or two I even said I woudn't have bought one at all. But the same select ZTR's are always in the mix...

Tonyr
10-03-2004, 09:46 PM
My current Toro Z Master, '04 mod Z588E is clearly the best ZTR I have owned, only had 2 previous though. But the new turbo force decks are great.

chefdrp
10-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I would get a Lesco Z2. Its awsome. just like the Cub Tank.

odin
My current Toro Z Master, '04 mod Z588E is clearly the best ZTR I have owned, only had 2 previous though. But the new turbo force decks are great.
Tony ..if somebody had a gun to your head and said tony you have to guess the ztr odin would say ..............lol

better lawns and gar
Can't beat a walker. Best mower in America.
bamacutter can the hopper on the walker that is filled w/grass or leaves be emptied into 55 gal trash bags? I just see the guys around here empty into the trailer bed which i would sure hate to have to empty this at the end of the day. I run a 52" exmark ztr and really like it but just curious about the walker. thanks

Travis Followell
10-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I would go with a Dixie Chopper or a Grasshopper.

Tonyr
10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Tony ..if somebody had a gun to your head and said tony you have to guess the ztr odin would say ..............lol

Ahhh, G'Day "O New Age Sensitive One" how are ya??

So....you reckon the New Toro's are better than a kick to the bum eh ole mate?

I would have to agree, but shhhhh, don't tell these other buggers that these are the ducks nutz in professional mowers mate or every bugger will be buyin' em! LOL!

Ya lookin' well today Mr Odin, :waving:

But those who cruise around on new Toros making the big bucks usually do look well :cool2:

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

bamacutter
10-03-2004, 11:38 PM
bamacutter can the hopper on the walker that is filled w/grass or leaves be emptied into 55 gal trash bags? I just see the guys around here empty into the trailer bed which i would sure hate to have to empty this at the end of the day. I run a 52" exmark ztr and really like it but just curious about the walker. thanks

We use 45 gallons bags. Most places around where we cut have dump spots like in the woods but some house don't. We just fill the 45 gallon bags it takes aout three bags for a 9 bushel hopper. Walker's have knobs on the sides of the walker right at the hopper you just put the bags around that a rake it in.

better lawns and gar
10-05-2004, 12:08 AM
We use 45 gallons bags. Most places around where we cut have dump spots like in the woods but some house don't. We just fill the 45 gallon bags it takes aout three bags for a 9 bushel hopper. Walker's have knobs on the sides of the walker right at the hopper you just put the bags around that a rake it in.
bamacutter thanks for the reply how good does the walker do on picking up leaves? and i have heard nightmares about the maintenance on these machines is this really true? thanks

wriken
10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Because there all about the same, I would make my dicision on the dealer service, price and color, probably in that order. Untill a better dealer comes along I guess it will be the same, Cub Commercial. :)