PDA

View Full Version : So far, so good

ScCo
10-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Since I posted not too long ago about my adventure into rennovating my home lawn, I figured i'd post a brief update for those that took the time to reply and help me make sure I was headed in the right direction.

It's only been 4 days since I put down the Millenium Fescue which I had mixed with KBG and perennial rye. I have a good amount of green fuzz coming up already. Much faster than I anticipated. Prior to seeding I had made the recomended soil ammendments, then I used a good dosage of starter fert and covered with peat moss after seeding. Still I didn't expect to see anything this quickly. The final mix was only about 80% Millenium Tall Fescue, and the rest KBG and the perennial rye.

We've had a cool front hit this weekend that had me worried as we had been steadily in the low to mid 80's for the last several weeks, now since I've seeded we've not touched 80 degrees, but things seem to be off to a decent start nevertheless.

My only remaining question is, would it be a bad idea to have more rye grass out than what I currently have to establish more turf and groundcover through the winter months?

If so, at what rate would you all recomend?

Thanks for the help thus far. I hope things keep progressing this smoothly.

ScCo

ScCo
10-04-2004, 05:27 AM
no opinions on the added rye for the winter?