PDA

View Full Version : 8x20 enclosed trailer

Brianj
10-03-2004, 09:03 PM
i just purchased an 8 x20 enclosed trailer, with a 60 inch side ramp door... i was wondering if anybody who has one has problems turning it around culdelsac's or however u spell it.. the size of this tralier is making me nervous but it is going to hold all my stuff quite well and i can move around in it.. i did work out of 7 x16 enclosed..

Lbilawncare
10-03-2004, 09:58 PM
We have 2 20 ft enclosed and haven't had any trouble with cul-de-sacs. I think our 16 ft is easier to maneuver, but the extra space in the 20 makes it worthwhile. Make sure you rotate the tires front to back though, the back one will wear down fast if you turn sharply a lot. What manufacturer? Ours have man-doors on the side and ramps on the rear, Interstate.

qualitylandscaping
10-03-2004, 10:00 PM
I have a 24' enclosed.. Full rig is alittle over 50' long total.. No problems turning around or backing up after alittle practice.. I was good with it after about a week, and getting faster backing up daily.. Now I wish I went with the 32' but maybe that would have been overkill? payup

Good luck!

myoder
10-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Only advice is to take the turns and cul-de-sacs as wide as possible... but once you get the hang of it, it is easy...