PDA

View Full Version : JD Quik Trak vs Hustler Mini Z

smlavin
10-03-2004, 11:14 PM
I have been looking (but haven't demo'd them yet) at the JD Quik Trak 23/54 for its manuverabilty and the Hustler Mini Z. I keep hearing that the Quik Trak is more maneuverable because it is 8" shorter than the Mini Z BUT the wheelbase on the Mini Z appears shorter than on the Stander...sooooo, wouldn't that mean that the Mini Z would be more maneuverable than the QT? What am I overlooking?

GreenMonster
10-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Zero turn, by definition (I think) means the machine can turn a radius within it's own length. So, a machine 72" long, can spin a circle 72" in diameter.

sooooo..... the Quik Trac will still spin a turning radius 8" shorter than the mini z.

So, to answer your question as to which is more manueverable...... I don't know!!! Try em out! :waving:

p.s. I DO find my QT very manueverable :)

QualityLawnCare4u
10-04-2004, 02:21 AM
Smlavin, I have never used either, but I have seen several post on here about folks not liking the JD QT. Might want to do a search and see what folks have to say. I remember one I read (cant remember name) that disliked his so bad quit using it. BTW the JD ztr are well liked by most, including me.

Danny

CoastalEmpire
10-04-2004, 02:40 PM
I've got a '04 Super Mini Z and I couldn't ask for a better ZTR. Hustler rocks