PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Apt Complex Bid

WigginsLandscaping
10-04-2004, 01:55 PM
We are in the middle of making a bid on a mid-high level apartment complex. This is a first for us. 33 building 640 unit complex. Gated community, irrigation system, tons and tons of hedges and mulch for days. We messaged 4 buildings and we can up with an avg 550 linear feet of beds approx 3 ft deep. Hedges all the way around buildings. Crepe Mrytles count is 125 and endless trees. Diminesions of property are approx. 1400 ft by 2500 ft. Any ideas on how to bid for something like this. Mulching and color are seperate bid on contract. But was told if we got one we would get both. Irrigation too should be included on bid for maint. My best guess is that it will take a min of two crews of 3 a full day and half to do right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more details please let me know. Edging will take 2 people all day to do. ??????? Lots of curbs, sidewalks, edges. Also bed maint. 2 times a month.

i_plant_art
10-04-2004, 02:23 PM
hey wiggins what apt complex is that the way u describe it it sounds like the one i do ... if it is ill be more than happy to tell ya what i get for it cause im not a big fan of the thing but it helps pay the bills.... i think i got it cause i was low thats why i dont like it cause the work load doesnt seem to match the $$ in my mind as well as it does on paper.

WigginsLandscaping
10-04-2004, 02:38 PM
How long did it take you for weekly maintenance?
Crew size etc?

seven-up
10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
82 acres? that's a nice account....

john