PDA

View Full Version : Gator Mulchers

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
10-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Ok, Im seriously considering trying gator mulchers from my 48" Exmark Viking. There are three styles of gators availible. 1. Standard Gator Mulchers. 2. High Lift Gator Mulchers. & 3. Gator magnums, which have a 40% higher lift and are thicker (.203" vs, .250"). I will be running a side discharge and I have a discharge blocker if needed. I was told that you should run with the side discharge open. If I decide to use the discharge blocker, will the grass clump up or will it perform well? All three style gators are availible to me, but which one do you guys think will be best for my application? I do not want to run doubles either, just a single blade per spindle application. 14 hp just isnt cutting it. Im trying to eliminate double cutting as much as possible. I need something that will reduce the size of clippings and not lay them on top of the lawn. Also any good websites to order them from?

Thanks.

Meg-Mo
10-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Check the MEG MO blades.

Up North
10-04-2004, 06:09 PM
MJLs,
I run the Gator magnums on my Snapper 52" ZTR. I like them a lot, they reduce the clipping size and mulch up the leaves pretty good. Only thing the blades were about a 1/16 of an inch too long, they would clang against each other. But I shaved off a little bit on each end with the bench grinder and now they work like a charm. I don't run doubles either.

Buck

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
10-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Up North have you tried the High Lifts as well? Thanks for the post.

steinerguy
10-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I run gator hi-lifts on my Steiner. I like the job they do but I do notice they pull harder than standard lift blades. I have never had the clumping issues using them with side discharge no matter how wet (even in the rain).

battags
10-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Check the MEG MO blades.

:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I knew this was coming when I read the title of the thread!!!

Brian :rolleyes:

DLCS
10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes:

There is only one style of Meg Mo's and thats all you need. Forget those gators. :) :blob3: :blob3:

Up North
10-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Up North have you tried the High Lifts as well? Thanks for the post.

No I haven't, just the magnums. If you try the hi lifts, let us know what you think of them.

Buck

geogunn
10-04-2004, 11:03 PM
I knew this was coming when I read the title of the thread!!!

good thing you weren't disappointed.

considering MEG-MOW is a LAWNSITE SPONSOR it would seem to me that his contribution to this and any other thread would be welcomed.

GEO

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
10-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. As soon as I decide which gator blade to try, I will do an update post to let others know what I thought of them. I found a website that I can get gators for like $9 something a blade, so I figure for $35 I'll give it a try. Cant justify $160 for the meg mo system right now, Maybe when Ive gone nutz trying to get rid of the clippings with little sucess Ill fork out the money for a meg-mo system.

DLCS
10-05-2004, 12:46 PM
:rolleyes:

There is only one style of Meg Mo's and thats all you need. Forget those gators. :) :blob3: :blob3:

Wow, didn't mean to offend anyone with this statement. Seeing as how i got a negative mark form someone. :rolleyes:

chevyman1
10-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I bought the Magnum versions for my Dixie ZTR and Ferris walk behind and they are running great, especially over the leaves and discharge great. Get the thicker ones, worth the extra $$$. They actually cut about 1/4 inch lower being so thick

battags
10-06-2004, 10:16 PM
good thing you weren't disappointed.

considering MEG-MOW is a LAWNSITE SPONSOR it would seem to me that his contribution to this and any other thread would be welcomed.

GEO

Oh, my.....

I didn't slam the guy nor am I knocking the fact that he is a sponsor! I only mentioned that I knew his typical response to any blade related post would be near the top of the thread.

Lighten up, will ya? I'm sure Meg Mo knows there was no harm meant and if he doesn't, I'd reassure him that there wasn't.

Brian

JKOOPERS
10-06-2004, 10:20 PM
try jthomas.com for the gators

LCME
10-11-2004, 01:33 PM
try jthomas.com for the gators

I can not find gators at this website?. Maybe a typo?. If so, what is the correct URL link?. Thanks, LCME