PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Notice

Lux Lawn
10-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Anybody else notice that the later in the season it gets the later the monthly maintenance checks come rolling in?Last month alone I had around 12 people who did not even pay when you talk to them they all have an excuse.Now its October already leaves are falling final step of fertilizer aeration and everything else to get ready for the winter season around here the bills get a little higher and will be harder for them to pay.Don't forget snowplow contracts are due Nov. 1st then the holidays so what do you think will come first us or them?

turf9
10-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one this happens to.I think the get board of the lawn guy sometime in July."Hmm maybe if we stop paying him he will leave us alone". lol

Branchland
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Yeah, they do get to coming in later.

olderthandirt
10-04-2004, 06:40 PM
mechanic leins, get paid in full and don't have to go back and ask why there over 45 days late or keep working for free

Mac

grass_cuttin_fool
10-04-2004, 06:41 PM
I have a customer that is way behind now, she called last week and wanted to know when was i gonna cut her yard. I said when you catch up the $275.00 you owe me now and all she could say was ohhhhh. I can see it now well I had to fill my oil tank up, Then our county taxes are due Dec 1st, then its Xmas and then in Jan I spent too much on xmas and then Feb my oil tank was low and hope he has forgot about the bill in March . That is the usual story around here

olderthandirt
10-04-2004, 06:45 PM
mechanic leins, get paid in full and don't have to go back and ask why there over 45 days late or keep working for free

Mac

All I hear is your gonna ruin our chrismas but I want the lein off so I'm sending a certified check to you :angry: And you will never work for us again :p yeah like I would want to work for a dead beat payup payup payup

Mac

1MajorTom
10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Last year our season ended on November 15th, I sent the bills out immediately not waiting till the the first of the month to get them out. On each invoice, I make a note saying something like this: "Prompt payment will be really appreciated, we are winding down our season and would like to have all of our paperwork completed as soon as possible." It works pretty well.

cklands
10-04-2004, 07:24 PM
The worst are the clean up bills that go out at the end of the season. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas it's tough to get paid from anyone. Just like sending out that last plow bill when it is 65 out. payup

grasswhacker
10-04-2004, 07:35 PM
You can always send a Christmas card after your last invoice with a note in the card something like this:

" We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. We are also looking forward to a great holiday season if all our loyal clients pay before Christmas Eve."

Sincerely,
Tiny Tim Lawncare

olderthandirt
10-04-2004, 07:42 PM
We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. We are also looking forward to a great holiday season if all our loyal clients pay before Christmas Eve
If payment is not received before Christmas it won't be a jolly fat man that comes down your chimney but a buf that come through your front door :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lux Lawn
10-04-2004, 07:47 PM
All I hear is your gonna ruin our chrismas but I want the lein off so I'm sending a certified check to you

Mac

Like its not Chrismas at our house too.