PDA

View Full Version : Mcdonald's Bid

JHLC
10-04-2004, 11:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone here does any work for McDonald's. I need to give a bid on one this week and I don't know where to start on pricing. It is an average size McDonald's. Thanks for your help.

chuckers
10-04-2004, 11:59 PM
i do a mcdonalds. What are they expecting out of you? more info how much grass etc.. but be sure you give a price on high side instead of low side

JHLC
10-05-2004, 12:18 AM
I would be responsible for regular maintenance. Lawn, shrubs, and weeds. I would guess it to be about 15 min. worth of mowing with a 48" Walker.

impactlandscaping
10-05-2004, 01:39 AM
We used to maintain several Mickey Dees accounts here. They were slow payers, and after the first season, became very tight with add ons and even wanted to split the contract with another LCO who was cheap at best. I held out halfway through and dropped them all. It just depends on the management personnel you are dealing with, I guess. Don't aim too low in price, and think long term when talking to the manager about property issues. The accounting dept we dealt with in Ohio was always about 45-60 days behind on our checks, hopefully things are better in Florida :waving:

HOOLIE
10-05-2004, 01:47 AM
At my old job we did several Pizza Huts one year. Had a lot of problems with late payments. And A LOT of trash all over the property each week. But sometimes you'd find money in the grass as well :) I don't know about McDonalds, but a least the ones by me look pretty well maintained, so maybe they pay well.

midtnstone
10-05-2004, 01:48 AM
never had a contract with them but a couple of weeks ago the mcdonalds down the road from me had some trees that had blown over in a storm called to see about cutting and removing them shot a pretty high price got the go ahead started leaving with my last load of limbs and the owner came out with my check, hope to do business with them again. but the owner has 2 or 3 mcdonalds and their office is right beside where i was working so that could make a difference

JHLC
10-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks for all of your input :)

all ferris
10-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Resturaunts are cheap when it comes to yard maintainance. Everyone I've ever mowed at was a pain in the a$$. If you do get the bid be prepared to pick up lots of trash and be run over by fat people who are hungry. I used to do a Krispy Kreme and all the people that went in that place were the last people who needed a doughnut and were totally oblivious to a loud lawnmower.

Lawnworks
10-06-2004, 08:37 PM
I think it also depends on the situation. We do some restaurants, but they called us because they were sick of bad service. These are my favorite calls, because I can charge almost double what they were paying but do a far better job. I would say shoot for the middle and definately put in a bid.