PDA

View Full Version : ? for those who cut subdivision entrance ways

stangman
10-05-2004, 02:26 AM
Do you price these the same as any other commercial jobs as far as measuring? This is just for cutting and trimming only.

Mico Landscaping design
10-05-2004, 08:23 AM
for the most part yes.. at least i do....thats my 2 sense

allstar
10-05-2004, 08:51 AM
I bid all of my jobs,commercial and residential,based on how long it takes me and what my costs are.If I can't make a reasonable profit they're just not worth doing.
Glad to see another S.C. guy on the board.

economiclawncare
10-05-2004, 10:03 AM
yeah i would proably charge a little more because it has to look extra extra nice.

stangman
10-05-2004, 02:00 PM
Well I guess what I was looking for was to se if ya'll measured it off or can you just tell by looking as to how much you would charge? No bushes or mulch just cutting and trimming.

WigginsLandscaping
10-06-2004, 11:19 AM
Well i am trying something new on one that i picked up. I am doing it for neighborhood assn. in my area. I am doing it pretty cheap. It is about a 15 minute job for the most part. Their membership is about 1200 homes. Part of the agreement is that I get put in their monthly letter that gets sent out. So hopefully i can get some good business out of this place. If not next year i will go up. These little area can be keys to a treasure chest i believe.

Cutworm
10-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Well I guess what I was looking for was to se if ya'll measured it off or can you just tell by looking as to how much you would charge? No bushes or mulch just cutting and trimming.

Stangman, where ya from in SC?

stangman
10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm in Duncan just off 85. I'm pretty new to the whole commercial side but have been cutting res. for about 4 yrs. now.

The reason for my post was to get an idea for an investor who hit me up the other day. Low and behold I called him today and gave him a price of 150 bucks. I didnt' think it was much seeing that it was about 4 hrs. worth of work taking care of 2 areas. Oh well I'm sure we all get shot down at first.

centepede
10-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Charleston SC here!! :blob3:

i_plant_art
10-06-2004, 09:11 PM
i bid them the same residential and commercial HOA's are gold pits make sure your truck is lettered and u have on shirts with ur logo and number on it people going in and out of there will notice good work and call you looking for your services.

stangman
10-07-2004, 02:22 AM
What is the best way to get into an HOA? I talked to a guy the other night and he told me of a co. that does managing for about 75% of the subs. here.

hlgmoney
10-07-2004, 09:17 AM
I don't want to be negative but I have had nothing but problems with HOA's. The turnover is unreal with these people because there are so many people to please. It's good money because they usually want the whole nine yards. But, keeping them happy is a real chore, generally.

walker-talker
10-07-2004, 10:07 AM
I bid all of my jobs,commercial and residential,based on how long it takes me and what my costs are.Well put....why charge differently anyway.....I never understood this one. I could understand if you need to be bonded for that particular area or if there were any other additional cost.