PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Recommendation

originalboxar
10-05-2004, 11:36 AM
I'm a homeowner w/4 acres of grass mowing and I'm in the market for a used ZTR. I demo'd a '04 SCAG Turf Tiger w/29hp DFI w/61" deck and was able to mow the 1st time in 1:45min. I'm looking for a commercial duty and not a beefed up residential ztr with low hours.

What do the professionals recommend? Whats durable? What should I stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

t~

rlong97150
10-05-2004, 12:02 PM
I've got a John Deere F-680 and I cut about 7.5 acres a week with it. My yard is 3.5 acres and my aunts is just about 4 acres. I believe its a 23 hp Kohler with a 60 inch 7 iron deck. I have been completely happy with it and I run the mulch kit all the time and havent had a problem with power. Dealer support was important. The F-680 is a front mount deck so it flips up vertical for deck work. I might pick up some extra yards next year for spare money and in that case, I will be back back looking at the mid mount Deere's or maybe an Exmark. We have a local dealer of them as well. You cant go wrong with Scag, Deere, Exmark or any of the comm brands in my opinion. I have just always bled green

Bob

PLM-1
10-05-2004, 01:02 PM
you should give grasshopper a try. i personally have a 722 d2 and love it. for about 5000 you can have a 600 series that will last forever...give on a try...

grasshoppermower.com

rbeitz
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
You can't go wrong with that Turf Tiger you demo'd. I'm a homeownwer with a 2 acre yard and I just recently bought a 2001 turf tiger LC Kawasaki 27 hp with 72" Deck. I upgraded from a Scag walk behind and I couldn't be more pleased with the performance of my Scag mowers. I'm now mowing my yard in under 50 minutes without even trying.

Truthfully though, as residential users any of the commercial mowers should last us forever.

Tonyr
10-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Toro has some great stuff on the market nowadays, definetly worth a look.

www.toro.com