PDA

View Full Version : Double Blades?

pfeiff
10-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I was thinking of getting double blades for my 48" lazer z. Dose anyone use them? do they get rid of clumping? And where can i get them?

geogunn
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
you have options. meg-mow makes a double in a specialty blade that gets good reviews. otherwise, I think you just arange them in an X and tighten them down.

I didn't like them on my lesco 48. a search will yield many hits on doubles. good luck.

GEO

Fareway Lawncare
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
You will want them in a + not an X....

geogunn
10-07-2004, 09:48 AM
You will want them in a + not an X....

yessss. fareway is right. arranging them in the shape of a keyboard plus sign character IS better than arranging them in the shape of the keyboard X character.

GEO

crawdad
10-07-2004, 09:57 AM
yessss. fareway is right. arranging them in the shape of a keyboard plus sign character IS better than arranging them in the shape of the keyboard X character.

GEO

Shee-yit. Now I gotta take them off and change them from an "X" to a "+"
That's OK, I gotta put on dew blades, anyhow.
Crawdad

fcl01
10-07-2004, 10:01 AM
we run doubles on all the mowers. they do get fantastic results. the first problem ive had is in moist conditions, the clippings are so fine, they clump easily and stick to the deck like glue. until you hit a bump that is and a sh&tload comes out all at once. leaves an ugly mess to mow over again.

the second problem comes from unseen debris, or scalping if you cut short. you gotta remember to check the blades to make sure they're still square if you hit anything. hope this helps

Dan

geogunn
10-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Now I gotta take them off and change them from an...

yahhh crawdad. ole GEO blew it again. have a point for you trobles!

GEO :waving: