PDA

View Full Version : Got any good scrub stories?

pjslawncare/landscap
10-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Course not, Thats because most all of them died out for the year. They cant hang with the big dogs, but sure as heck, they will be back in the spring with their murray push mowers for their short lived hopes of gettin a few bucks for a case of beer.

bushtrimmer
10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
I think ur right!
We've allready picked up 4 new jobs this week cause the old beatneck hasn't showed up in weeks and can't get by phone.

Shuter
10-05-2004, 08:20 PM
2 stories.
1. Any lawn $10.

2. $10.00 less than what I am charging for maintenance.

Needless to say I have never lost an account to a scrub or "fly by night" guy.

lawnman_scott
10-05-2004, 08:34 PM
If they never last why is everyone so bothered by them? Incidently, I had a lady that wanted an estimate, and because she was next to 2 long time customers, and I felt generous I bid her lawn at $90/month. Well she was, and still is paying $55. It was pretty amusing, I saw her lawn being done the other day. It was just half azzed all over, but it wasnt blown at all. He ran the mower at full speed around the edge, and that was his idea of blowing. I hope he has a blower, and it was just broke down or something.

Wells
10-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Picked up a new client last week where the guy doing it before us would refuse to trim and edge. The client had his own trimmer and edger and offered it up for usage to the previous company but they still refused to do it.
Not sure how they expect to stay in business very long by just mowing.

bobbygedd
10-05-2004, 09:06 PM
you mean, that's not good enough?

exmarkjockey
10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Saw a guy yesterday putting down driveway sealant with one of those paintsticks that you see on the infomercials. I just couldn't help thinking SCRUB. But hey, it may work better than I think.

Mikes Lawn Landscape
10-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Course not, Thats because most all of them died out for the year. They cant hang with the big dogs,

I'm still here hanging with the big dogs :waving:

KINGjosh
10-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Boy I'll tell you I saw a guy so hungry for money he was cutting grass out of his toyota camry. Dude was out there with a 21" push mower cutting a 1/2 acre peice of property. Felt bad for him really! lol

Liberty Lawncare
10-05-2004, 11:12 PM
All the "scrubs" are dooing is trying to earn some money. Stop thinking you are soooo great because you have a fancy lawnmower. That scrub you see today may be taking your customer tomorow. Some guy's are scrubs because of lowsey work not uncool equipment. :rolleyes:

txlawnking
10-05-2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah, and some people need to stroke their feeble Ego by raggin' on others..

Scrub this scrub that.. I gotta newsflash for all of the guy's that hate "scrubs" so much... It ain't the sixth grade anymore, and insulting other people just because they don't appear as financially successful as you STILL ain't gonna make YOU cool.. If some here spent half as much time building their business, as they do raggin' on others.. they may ber busy enough to not have time to post their BS here on Lawnsite.