PDA

View Full Version : Nice customers turning irrate

alpine692003
10-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Uhhh..

I dont know what happened today, but all of a sudden one of my nice customers turned freaking irrate... We finished doing her lawn and front flowerbeds..

My partner goes and knocks on the window and starts talking to this lady, but I tell him its not her, where's the other lady?

She saids, uhh wait.. comes back in a few secs, saids she's busy.. I was in shock because she always had time to talk to me and I wanted to tell her I was done..

Anyways, after about 15mins we finished cleaning up and I was about to leave and give her my invoice.. I proceed to ring the doorbell, she opens the door, "I'm busy, I have phonecalls.. I'll talk to you guys later okay?.."

Before I even got a word in, she shut the door.. so I just left the invoice in her mailslot..

I wonder what happeend?? payup payup

Mueller Landscape Inc
10-05-2004, 08:37 PM
I think she was busy. Don't take is personal.

alpine692003
10-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I hope so, she runs a business out of her house.

I mean she's good, but I dont know what happened... :(

green with envy
10-05-2004, 10:15 PM
I agree if you have not had a problem before then you probably don't have one now. She was probably busy.

Mike

alpine692003
10-05-2004, 11:58 PM
I hope so guys :angel:

Avery
10-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Everyone has bad days. Mail her the invoice. Should be handled that way to start with.

alpine692003
10-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Ya, Avery..

I left it in her mailbox..

GarPA
10-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Just a bad hair day.
Last sunday one of our commercial property owners left me a message saying there were weeds all over the planting beds...The way he sounded, I thought the place was going to be a jungle when I showed up on MOnday. We do 4 of his properties and he is normally very easy to work with. What I found were about 12 wild onions (just sprouted in the week since we were there) and a few tiny weeds in the beds. my first reaction was "are you having a nervous breakdown or what?". THen I just accepted the fact that he was probably having a bad day and needed someone to chew on and I let it roll off.
Now if he complains again, we'll have to have a back-to-Jesus conversation.

bobbygedd
10-06-2004, 06:56 AM
wait a minute. what were the payment arrangements? is the agreement that you get paid on completion? if yes , there's no way i'm dealing with "i'm busy, i'll see you later". screw that, tell the person you're on the phone with to hold on, and write me a damn check.

olderthandirt
10-06-2004, 09:12 AM
wait a minute. what were the payment arrangements? is the agreement that you get paid on completion? if yes , there's no way i'm dealing with "i'm busy, i'll see you later". screw that, tell the person you're on the phone with to hold on, and write me a damn check.
Screw that, after waiting to get paid I want CASH they can keep there checks

Mac

seven-up
10-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Screw that, after waiting to get paid I want CASH they can keep there checks

Mac

what he mac said

fcl01
10-06-2004, 09:34 AM
if your customers call with a complaint, question, or whatever. how long would they put up with "im busy it can wait"? not too long i bet.so why should we?
true, they pay our salaries but it goes both ways. they expect prompt service, i want prompt payment. anything less will end our relationship real quick. its all about the payup

bobbygedd
10-06-2004, 10:37 AM
"look lady, i got a bill in my right hand, a shovel in my left hand, which one do you want........."

fcl01
10-06-2004, 10:40 AM
"look lady, i got a bill in my right hand, a shovel in my left hand, which one do you want........."

LMFAO!!!
gonna have to try that one!

alpine692003
10-06-2004, 11:27 AM
aha ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

stizostedion_vitreum
10-07-2004, 11:11 AM
You guys crack me up, I sure hope my competitors use some of your lines.....

snippy
10-07-2004, 04:21 PM

I know its wrong to laugh at stuff like this and encourage bobby even further but I just can't help myself :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

odin
10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Back in the spring we have cilents who are from hati ..They got irrate because a hose got cut.

THe woman came out shakeing the piece of cut hose chanting some junk and man was holding a big ass knife .My help ran off out to the truck out front lol.

rodfather
10-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Back in the spring we have cilents who are from hati ..They got irrate because a hose got cut.

THe woman came out shakeing the piece of cut hose chanting some junk and man was holding a big ass knife .My help ran off out to the truck out front lol.

Haiti jack? Be careful, they might be into that voodoo sh*t too...lol

Lux Lawn
10-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Shes having a bad day it happens to everyone some people it happens to everyday so don't worry about it.

alpine692003
10-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Well, should I call her and say whats up? or should I just leave it be and let her contact me if she does decide to do that? Its been 2 days now..
:dizzy:

alpine692003
10-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Welp, I just called her today @ 9:26am and I spoke with her.

We spoke for a few minutes and I found out what was wrong.. She said, I was knocking on the door and she was just busy and having a really bad day.

She is sick as well, but she said nothing is wrong.. I told her okay, i'm sorry for what happened and for next tiem I now know the procedure.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gravely_Man
10-13-2004, 01:41 PM
Following up with the client was a smart move. You now know what the issue was and can move on from here. Glad to hear that everything is going well.

Gravely_Man

bobbygedd
10-13-2004, 01:52 PM
"i now know the procedure". what procedure is that? fill me in please, i think i missed it

syzer
10-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Now if he complains again, we'll have to have a back-to-Jesus conversation.

ROFLMAO! A back to Jesus conversation haha.

ztrlvr
10-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Call back was best choice.

olderthandirt
10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
"i now know the procedure". what procedure is that? fill me in please, i think i missed it
Procedure is as follows 1st request money in a proffesinal way IE PLEASE may I get payed now that I'm finished, 2nd I'll give you your walker back when I get my money and finally 3rd throw in an extra $50 and i'll hook the phone line back up so you can call an ambulence if you need one. These are only suggestions.

Mac