PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on 21 inch trim/mulching mower

blair smock
10-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi guys, Have had some health issues and I ended up getting some help to finish up the year. I need a 21" self propelled trim mower, Only use these for mulching. I wanted to keep around the 500.00 range? any suggestions? I had a residential snapper for about 6 years that just bit the dust, not the best mulcher and the belt slipped quite a bit towards the end. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Blair

MMLawn
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
If you are only going to spend $500 and want New then you will only be able to get a homeowner model and in that case I would suggest Honda or Toro SP mowers at around $400-$450 + any tax. The Honda may last a little longer but the Toro probably will mulch a bit better out of the box. If you want Commerical than you might find a used Toro or Honda Commerical in that range if you're willing to look. Also if you do a search on this topic you will find many help threads on here about this very subject.

dwost
10-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Here's what I used to have. Awesome mower. A bit heavy but built like a tank. The swivel wheels are great for mowing around beds. Great at mulching, bagging and discharging. http://www.ariens.com/lawn_products/walk_behind_mowers/lm_21_sw_deluxe/