PDA

View Full Version : mowers

buckeyes04
10-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Getting ready to purchase a mower. Yeah, I know it's late in the season, but prices on mowers goes up 3% next year, and I want to save some cash.

I have a question about a few Exmarks and a couple of Scags.

I am looking to do accounts from 1/4 acre lots to 3 acre lots.

I don't know what to buy. The choices I am looking at are the plain Lazer Z, the Lazer Z AS, Lazer Z Hp, and the Lazer Z EFI. What's the best choice out of all of these 4 models.

As far as Scag, I don't know whether to consider a 61" Tiger Cub or Turf Tiger.

JKOOPERS
10-06-2004, 06:21 PM
have u ever thought about getting a 60" tt wb

buckeyes04
10-07-2004, 01:42 PM
I did look at a 60" tt yesterday. It is a huge mower. Do you like yours? Do you have a sulky on it or a similar attachment?

I've noticed that you have a similar set up to what I am looking for. Do you work part time or full time? Sorry for so many questions. I'm one of those new guys.

Travis Followell
10-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Depends on what deck you want. If you want a 52" deck go with the HP or AS. If you want a 60"deck then get the standard Lazer Z. The EFI engine will cost you more but it will save you money on fuel. If you want to spend the extra money then I say go for it but I would probibly just get the the standard Lazer Z.

skippy911sc
10-07-2004, 07:33 PM
I have a 72" exmark (sorry the specific model eludes me right now) and it works fantastic...I use it to mow my own lawn...around 10 acres. If I where having the work done by one of you pros ;) I'd want a smaller deck...just for the look...My local dealer sells mainly exmark...claims they are the best on the market. I looked at scag and like them as well...however I wanted to keep my business local :) Good luck and let me know if I can give any more help.

dcondon
10-07-2004, 07:57 PM
we have 2 60" TANKS and one 72" TANK..... They have been great for us :waving: Also a 36" MTD Pro W/B

beransfixitinc
10-07-2004, 08:30 PM
If you go eXmark, make sure you get a 2005 model. Nearly all of the 05s will now come with larger engines.. Hey you guys up north.. guess what, the squeaky wheel does get the grease.. Also, the CTs will now be powered by Briggs Vanguard engines.