PDA

View Full Version : sten's filters

odin
10-06-2004, 06:45 PM
FReind i bought a lazer zhp from throwed in some hydro filters ..sten's are on the boxes.

Ive always been skitish about useing non oem hydro filter's .He says they are fine anybody use or know anything about sten's filters .
He Gave me several air filters to .

jim dailey
10-06-2004, 07:35 PM
Odin, they have been around, here in the N.E., for a longtime. I have used both the air and hydro filters, without a single problem. They also stock various other replacement parts; tires, blades, etc.

grasscapeinc
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Bad luck w/ their air fiilters. Don't seal tight. Remember MOST Hydro filters should not have a bypass valve

mmacsek
10-06-2004, 09:31 PM
Jack,
The dealer I use stocks Stens and Rotary. As far as filters, very few dealers have OEM filters. The other parts are OEM. Matt

Fareway Lawncare
10-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Would only use only OEM hydro filters after this nasty little surprise.... http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=62745&page=1&highlight=j-thomas ....

use sten air filters & sill use prolong oil filters though !

Boycea
10-07-2004, 02:04 AM
Fareway, did you ever bring your findings to J. Thomas' attention??

work_it
10-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Fareway, did you ever bring your findings to J. Thomas' attention??
Yes he did. In his posts he made mention of talking with their reps and service technicians quite a few times.

Fareway Lawncare
10-10-2004, 07:14 PM
The thing I found Most Suspicious was when I called about the filters, their order taker cross-referenced the oil & hydro on her computer & told me they were interchangeable !

When I told her this was impossible she Hemmed & Hawed & went to get a supervisor who then assured me I was correct they were not interchangeable & she must have made an error. When I sent them the pics...they said ""That's very interesting...we'll look into it".

Now the receptionist could have made an honest mistake & they could be totally different filters or they could substitute the oils for hydros when stock is low...or my batch could have been mixed up...but if they were different filters they Were Seriously Lacking in the Quality of an OEM hydro....

Did you Know OEM hydro filters are Almost $50 CND or $40USD Plus $15 Tax at the Dealer ? What do you Pay From your Dealer in the US ?

Regardless, I'm Sticking w/the Dealer on this one....