PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder

sgtgm5
10-06-2004, 07:03 PM
As we all know sometimes we as individuals can become relaxed and let our gaurds down and pretend the world is a good place to live in and that others are all good.

Well yesturday I was working by myself and I left my echo Bp blower 601 unsecure. It was an older model but it was the one I started with and it was still rocking on. I was in the back of a customers house no more than 10 minutes and when I looked it was gone. I'm taking this as a $400.00 lesson( the cost to replace) and going to upgrade some type of box setup for all equipment that secures itself when not in use.

Anyhow, dont let your guard down.

rodfather
10-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Unfortunately, there are many low-lifes in the world who do not respect other people's property and care only how to score quick $$$

Supertiger
10-06-2004, 09:18 PM
your dealer still has the serial number in his computer, so get it from him then report it stollen, then make shure the police look over the records of Pon shops in your area, pon shops have to give a list of their new iventory to the police for 30 days and wait to see if there are any reports of this item being stollen before they can sell it in their stores. it will turn up on that list if the person who stole it was just out to find drug money or beer money, its not like the person who stole it plans to use it to work with sence they are to lazy to buy their own blower, they just want quick cash, This happend to me and i did the police report thing and low and behold it showed up two weeks latter. the police even called me and told me wear my blower and weedeater was at to go and get it.

oneandonlyjojo
10-06-2004, 10:34 PM
your dealer still has the serial number in his computer, so get it from him then report it stollen, then make shure the police look over the records of Pon shops in your area, pon shops have to give a list of their new iventory to the police for 30 days and wait to see if there are any reports of this item being stollen before they can sell it in their stores. it will turn up on that list if the person who stole it was just out to find drug money or beer money, its not like the person who stole it plans to use it to work with sence they are to lazy to buy their own blower, they just want quick cash, This happend to me and i did the police report thing and low and behold it showed up two weeks latter. the police even called me and told me wear my blower and weedeater was at to go and get it.

good luck getting cops to even give 2 sh*ts about a $400 blower they got more important things to do. it was 99% another landscaper stole it so it wont be in any shops of anykind. it has nuttin to do with being lazy to buy a new blower they probably are just cheap and dont wanna shell out $400

TAKE ALL YOUR SMALL EQUIPMENT LIKE BLOWER AND WACKER AND THROW IT IN THE BACK YARD WHEN NOT IN USE