PDA

View Full Version : Aerators for ZTR

Tadams
10-06-2004, 06:14 PM
A friend of mine told me about an aerator that you can mount to the front of a ZTR. I've got a 60" lazer that I would love to utilize for these jobs. I've searched on here and asked my dealer with no luck. Does anybody know or have one of these that can tell me about them or a link to their site? Oh, I'm talking about a core not a spike aerator. Thanks

DLCS
10-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Gator Rator they are a sponsor here! http://www.gator-rator.com/

walker-talker
10-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Have you considered a pull behind. If the cores are wet you will create a big mess.

Hamons
10-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Plugr also makes a one now for the front of a ztr.

John Gamba
10-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Have you considered a pull behind. If the cores are wet you will create a big mess.

Also you cannot get close to anything. Mulch beds, side walks and so on.
John

DLCS
10-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Plugr also makes a one now for the front of a ztr.

I talked to a rep at the Expo and he said that Plugger discontinued that model. The reason was the unit was just too long and too much weight sticking out front for a mid mount ztr. He said they are working on a pull behind unit for a ztr instead.

walker-talker
10-07-2004, 09:03 AM
I talked to a rep at the Expo and he said that Plugger discontinued that model. The reason was the unit was just too long and too much weight sticking out front for a mid mount ztr. He said they are working on a pull behind unit for a ztr instead.
Somone on the other forum said that this model was going to be cam driven as well by a seperate engine. But what I dont understand how it would be possible to regulate the speed of the mower to keep perfect timing of the aerator....catch my drift?

Hamons
10-07-2004, 09:41 AM
There are other forums? Where?

walker-talker
10-07-2004, 10:00 AM
There are other forums? Where?
I sure wish I could tell ya....but that is a big NO NO and I don't want to get into trouble.

Hamons
10-07-2004, 10:03 AM
:blush: oh -- thanks

PaulJ
10-08-2004, 01:06 AM
JRCO makes a spoon core areator that mounts in front. I've heard mixed revies on it. anlo feldman turf vent makes a front mount and towbehind models that look good.