PDA

View Full Version : 3 broken windows in 3 days

Gene $immons
10-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Monday - weedeater breaks a side window on a parked car while employee is buzzing some grass in a crack in the cement.

Later Monday - Edger shoots a rock out and breaks a window ( nice expensive one) on a customers home.

Today - Edger shoots out a rock and breaks a storm door window.

I usually hate to file a claim with the liability insurance and end up paying out of pocket. not this week

I love employees.

proenterprises
10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
its rough. i broke my first window last season. i was buzzing down some weeds in a stone driveway and launched it into a car window. not fun, reall embarassed, the lady ended up saying dont worry about it.

now we dont even touch driveways, you should do the same, or just chop them off half way.

oneandonlyjojo
10-06-2004, 08:18 PM
yea it sucks partner broke a $300 anderson patio door, $100 storn door, car window the owner said dont worry ill go through insurance. all happened in a month and has been good since. **** happens

olderthandirt
10-06-2004, 08:41 PM
File it all as 1 claim, then you only have 1 deductable to pay. just explain to the cutomer that gets the check that they will be "over-paid" becouse of a mistake and you will have to have the diff back. Worth a try.

Mac

QualityLawnCare4u
10-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Monday - weedeater breaks a side window on a parked car while employee is buzzing some grass in a crack in the cement.

Later Monday - Edger shoots a rock out and breaks a window ( nice expensive one) on a customers home.

Today - Edger shoots out a rock and breaks a storm door window.

I usually hate to file a claim with the liability insurance and end up paying out of pocket. not this week

I love employees.

Gene, sounds like you had a run of bad luck! 3 windows in a week, ouch! Im glad to say in 6 years I have not broke one yet, but I know its coming. Only thing Ive had good luck at so far in this biz.

Danny

WigginsLandscaping
10-07-2004, 12:56 PM
3 windows this season too.
1st weed eating around front porch of house and busted storm door window.
2nd employee threw shovel in rear of my truck and busted my rear window out.
3rd. Weed eating driveway crack i shot rock through side window of new explorer.

1. 285
2. 495
3. 515

Hell of a year. I feel your pain...

proenterprises
10-07-2004, 01:12 PM
wow, i don understand why auto glass is so expensive. i mean, its over $200.00 cheaper to replace a whole storm door, bu its over 500 to fix a car window?

if guys dont have insurance, this kind of thing can take a whole day to pay for. :dizzy:

FrankenScagMachines
10-07-2004, 01:15 PM
no prop damage this year. last year i tore up 11 or 12 sprinkler heads (don't ask LOL), and broke a real nice patio door window, french doors. paid both out of pocket as the sprinkler repair bill was $250 and the window $300, my deductible is $250 so i figured why make my rates go up. then i accidentally got too close to a portable basketball goal post base with the discharge and nicked a chunk out of the corner of the plastic base with my discharge blade, it drained the water out of it. well that would of cost me $80 to get a new one for them but that was the last time i mowed there becuase they turned out to be deadbeats and did not pay me. so we called it even. Wow what a lot of fun, i mow a yard twice just to be able to have the privelege to knock a hole in their b-b goal post base :rolleyes:
but that was all last spring. nothing later last year or anything this year yet (knock on wood).

WigginsLandscaping
10-07-2004, 02:08 PM
Well auto glass is generally very expensive the first couple years the car is out to pay for technology of making window. At least this is what auto glass people said. My truck is an 05 and the explorer was an 04. The bad thing is i found that the smaller the glass the more it seemed to cost. As far as insurance goes we have deductible and we wouldnt really be saving much if we ran through as a claim plus didnt want to have claims unless abosultely necessary. Maybe wrong in doing so but i try to only have to use it for VERY expensive things. Yes it hurt but i have both customers still and have made the money back. And no insurance premiums increasing.

Soupy
10-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Are you guys sure you have a deductible? My deductible only pertains to my equipment coverage, not what I do to someones property. Just like car insurance, you only pay the deductible for your cars repair.

green with envy
10-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Look at the bright side

You didn't come home early and find your wife with your best friend!!!

See It can get a lot worse.

MIke

LWNMWR1
10-08-2004, 08:38 PM
last year i broke a window in a door. i told the lady i would pay for it so my insurance wouldnt go up or be dropped she offered to split it(pretty generous for a lady who has never worked a day in her life!!) well as it turned out since the whole hose iround all the doors and windows are curved to fit custom. my half was 750. so much for that week!!