PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to all. a little off topic

rico387
10-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Greetings to all. I haven't been able to visit LS for the last 9 days as I have had no power, thanx to Hurricane Jeanne. No power also meant no water from the well. It sure feels great to actually have lights and a functioning well. The fridge won't come on, the phone line barely transmits, cable tv lines still laying by the street, but today, I got to use my own shower for the first time in a week and a half. I gotta tell you guys... Indoor plumbing is highly under rated. Glad to be back.
Rick. IAFF local 2294

harley29710
10-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Glad you made it. I hope you fared well. I was without for 14 days in '89 when Hugo hit. I had a waterbed then and after about 3 days it got so cold I couldn't take it anymore. I moved into a camper that I had then.

jaybird
10-07-2004, 11:29 PM
i dont know how you did it , i guess you had no choice we were out of power for about 18 hours, we were going nuts yall are tuff down there. peace on earth.

tiedeman
10-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Thank God I live up North. Glad you made it through the storms

Rhett
10-08-2004, 05:03 AM
Glad to hear you made it through yet another storm. Nothing like doing the I got power dance after a week or two in the dark. One of my big wants is a standby generator before next season.