PDA

View Full Version : Diversifying?

precisioncut
10-06-2004, 11:20 PM
I'm going to go full time next year and want to change my name from Precision Cut Lawn Care to Precision Landscape and Maintenance. But at this time I do not do much in the way of landscaping. Is it a bad idea to have it in my name although that is where my business plan will take me? It may be awhile but I don't want to have to go thorugh the process of changing everything once I'm completly established.
What do you think?

PLM-1
10-06-2004, 11:26 PM
your name is close to mine...Precision Lawn Management. If they ask for a service that you are not yet providing just tell them that your schedule is full or something to that effect.

LwnmwrMan22
10-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Either that, or use "Outdoor Services", instead of the landscaping part.

That's what I did when I went from J & H Lawn Service to J & H Outdoor Services.

MudslinginFX4
10-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I am doing the same thing this coming year... already starting the name switching and all the legal suff. I live in the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area in NC (known as the triangle). I am switching my name from ECM Lawn Care to Triangle Landscape and Design. My father is selling his business and joining me in the coming season. The reason I am changing it is because we are aiming towards almost all commercial next year and didn't want the lawn care to hold us back on some of the bids. The design part of the name is for when I finish my schooling and finally get my horticulture and landscape design degree from NCSU.

HOOLIE
10-07-2004, 12:32 AM
If you know how to do a lot of landscaping, why not change the name. If you can handle the landscaping aspect I don't see any problem. And true, its better to make the change now than years down the road.

precisioncut
10-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Either that, or use "Outdoor Services", instead of the landscaping part.

That's what I did when I went from J & H Lawn Service to J & H Outdoor Services.

That's a great idea, I'll look into it. Thanks

stizostedion_vitreum
10-08-2004, 11:01 AM
We went with "Preffered Property Care" even though initially we're targeting lawncare. We too wish to dive into a more complete outdoor maintenance & landscape service over time.

tj