PDA

View Full Version : How to mount leaf vac on plow frame

Bill645
10-06-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm looking for some info on how to mount my leaf vac to my plow frame. Does anybody have pictures of this type of setup? I need to get going on this. I was thinking of using an old A frame to put the vac on and use the blade lift hydrolics for the snow plow to lift it up and keep it positioned. Has anyone done this is this a good way to do it?? If anybody has pictures of how theirs is set up, please post them. I need ideas how to fabricate this set up.

Thanks,

Phishook
10-06-2004, 11:50 PM
That sounds good to me. Or, just put a reese type hitch in front, with a cargo carrier.

Bill645
10-07-2004, 09:24 PM
That sounds good to me. Or, just put a reese type hitch in front, with a cargo carrier.

Hmmm... that might work... I have a receiver... might fit

thanks,

Runner
10-07-2004, 11:48 PM
What about welding the reciever tube onto the A frame quadrant? With the A frame, you have the pin setup for stability, and you could raise the vacuum up a bit higher for clearance. Just a thought.

Bill645
10-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Thanks joe
I think I'll try that. I'll try to piece it together this weekend and see how it looks.

Runner
10-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Also, just a note; you may want to reinforce the square tube to it with a few L shaped pieces of steel. Maybe a few 1-2" pieces cut from some heavy angle or something. Also, you'll probably of course have to do something different with you chain location - perhaps run a "Y" in it or something. You'll know after you get some measurements on it. Let us know how it goes!

PROCUT1
10-08-2004, 09:58 AM
I thought about doing that too but my question is do the leaf vacuums have enough nads to shoot them through that much tube into the box.

Bill645
10-10-2004, 12:49 AM
I thought about doing that too but my question is do the leaf vacuums have enough nads to shoot them through that much tube into the box.

The guy I bought my vac from had it mounted on the front of his truck, and said he had no problems. This is a Giant Vac w/ a 11hp Briggs

Bill645
10-14-2004, 10:04 PM
Well, I've decided to mount the vac on the trailer, and build the box on the trailer. I started to get things together for the front mount, and just don't have the time to get it done for this season.

Thanks for the input from everyone. I plan on doing the front mount for next season. Definetly wil have pics of it when it is done!