PDA

View Full Version : Everride

lafrance4078
10-06-2004, 11:33 PM
I considering buying a ZTR and have been looking around. I have looked at all of the norm: Exmark, Gravely, Scag, Great Dane, JD, Ferris, and then I found one that I have never heard of before. Everride. I don't know about buying one that I haven't seen before, but it looked like it was made very well. Is there anyone that has any time with one of these machines. It was a weird orange color 23 hp Kawi on it with a 60 inch deck.

WLLD
10-07-2004, 07:00 AM
If you do a search - there were a few posts on them when they first showed up. I demoed one this summer. The machine did cut good and the deck did not pack up. Sat too high. It did NOT handle slopes well, had too high of a center of gravity. The deck belt came off 4 times in the 3 hours I put on it. Seemed like it came off whenever I hit a rough stop and the deck bounced. There is potential - but not ready yet.

Shayne

lafrance4078
10-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Thankyou for telling me that. THose are the things that I need to hear. Like I said, I am willing to give someone knew a try, But I do like to do research first.

mowhigh
10-08-2004, 01:44 AM
I assume you're talking about the Warrior - - couldn't get over the 169 sq. in. discharge chute and 8" tapered deck, but 23hp is just about borderline for a 60" deck. Ended up going with the Country Clipper Charger - - it was just as impressive, less expensive and a great dealer nearby. Good luck...

moonkat
01-03-2005, 11:59 AM
2004 Everride Warrior is powered by 25hp Kawasaki air-cooled engine. Only engine option for both 52" and 60" Warriors.

2005 is now available with 27hp Kohler for 60" deck.

brucec32
02-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Looking at torque numbers for the kawi 23 and 25 hp models, they seem pretty darn close, within about 5% if I recall. Am I missing something? I thought torque was what really mattered. They also produce it down low vs. the Kohler 27hp which the specs I saw showed as having LESS torque and peaked higher in the rpm band. What gives?

moonkat
02-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Kawi is good about providing graphs of their motors on their web site. Kohler, not sure. Do agree that I wouldn't expect too much difference for two hp increase...for me that would mean the Kawi 25 to Kohler 27. The one Kohler motor I have, 20hp Kohler Pro (IIRC) is a gas guzzler in a little 48" Craftsman DLT 2000 (2 gal per hour), and the 25 hp Kawi on the Warrior 60" is reasonable - about 1-1/4 gal per hour for similar mowing. But thats not a fair comparison because the Warrior's large discharge chute is much less drag when mowing. And yes folks it cuts grass at 10mph, 12 in the flats !

Legacy
02-20-2005, 02:23 PM
The Everride looks like a decent mower but they didn't catch on around here. A couple of dealers tried them and they didn't sell.

I think the biggest concern is that this is a new company on the market and why take a chance when they are solid established companies with Great ZTR's at comparable prices!!

moonkat
02-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Legacy,
Where abouts in the NOrtheast ? I'm in Maryland and no one carries it around here. Had to commute to Deleware to pick one up.

Legacy
02-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Upstate New York...

There are a few dealers here because the distributor is pretty local..

Envy Lawn Service
02-20-2005, 07:37 PM
lafrance,

I just told another member Mickhippy the same thing....

I think you should know that this company brought a machine to market with a lot of bugs.... bugs that should have been encountered and fixed if they had logged the proper amount of product field testing hours in the real world of commercial mowers.

This is what I had to say some time ago....

They have been rather troublesome, to the point that even one of the crappiest distributors in the business dropped them.

Mower Man
02-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Old, well established metal fab'ing company. New to building their own mower.
Good overall design. Been thru the plant.

Don't get caught up on the size of any discharge opening. Tunnel decks seem to be a recent fashion.

Like alot of things,..there are advantages & disadvantages to both "Flat Top", and Tunnels decks.

Just two quick examples....
Toro had the Super Flow System (SFS) which was a Tunnel deck for years. Their new one is a "Flat Top" design.
Bob Cat, Bunton, Cub Cadet Tank Exmark, Scag, Yazoo/Kees, Ferris, Dixie Chopper, Encore, and more good old companies all still use "Flat Tops".
Must be reasons why.

tigger
03-07-2005, 01:26 PM
The Distributor didn't drop EverRide, EverRide got rid of them.

tigger
03-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Hudson Valley must be, because in western New York they have sold a lot of units.

geogunn
03-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I looked at the WARRIOR with a 25 KAW last week but no demo ride.

GEO

Envy Lawn Service
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
The Distributor didn't drop EverRide, EverRide got rid of them.
I don't believe that.... or I should say I'm not sure I have a reason to. But I will respect your comments made in private and not discuss them here. So expect a return private message on that.

If I'm wrong I'll certainly come back here and correct my statements. I have NO love for, or respect for the un-named distributor anyways. So I'm very interested to hash this out....

Envy Lawn Service
09-10-2006, 03:11 AM
I don't believe that.... or I should say I'm not sure I have a reason to. But I will respect your comments made in private and not discuss them here. So expect a return private message on that.

If I'm wrong I'll certainly come back here and correct my statements. I have NO love for, or respect for the un-named distributor anyways. So I'm very interested to hash this out....

Tigger,

Well it's been a long time on this one, but I did find out different, and wanted to come back and apologize.

The distributor is a dang liar... and I knew that already too.
But I just couldn't see the reasoning for this lie...
But it doesn't seem like they need reasoning to lie...

From what I understand at this point, both of us are actually wrong.

What I mean is, they are still doing business with each other...
Might be due to the Great Dane connection...
Or the distributor still has some lingering product out there...
But not actually still an active distributor...one of the two.

The person I learned this from is having trouble with the machine, but the real issue seems to be yet another problem for an end user from this distributor.

I feel bad for the person... been there, done that with another brand.

fastcutter
10-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Whats there Web. Address?

aazpeters
06-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I purchased a new 60" Warrior this year with a 27 hp Kohler. This machine is great! I have had them all, Snapper, eXmark, etc. Each has its quirks. The tunnel deck, 16cc pumps with cooling fan, pivoting front axle that you can lock out, standard comfort ride seat, and full box welded frame make this machine superior as far as I am concerned. It is a great choice. As far as it handling slopes I think it does better than the eXmark. Good luck with your decision.

7 IRON
06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I Sell Deere,But Have Heard Nothing But Good About Them.I Took One In Trade and Thought It Was Well Built.Just My 2 Cents.:)