PDA

View Full Version : 12v SPRAYER PUMP (GOOD OR BAD)

cenlo
10-07-2004, 08:40 AM
I posted a thread last week about possible sprayer pumps, every one said the d30 or d50 (for trees). I want to mount the 100 gallon tank inside my enclosed cargo trailer. What about a 12volt pump? I have 12v in the trailer and my 2004 diesel truck has dual batteries. (plus with the diesel I could just leave it running) I will probably only ever spray lawns.

pryker
10-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I cannot answer this question directly... however, it is NOT a good idea to leave your diesel idling for extended periods of time. I know that a lot of people see truckers do this when they are sleeping in the cabs but believe me when I tell you it is the devils playground inside your engine with the temps low. metals are at a lower temp then deisgned to function and premature wear will happen.

Large medium and heavy duty diesels are designed differently to allow this but by no means are the Ford Powerstroke engine designed for this. The cummins engine specifically states to avoid long periods of idling as it will cause damage to the engine and Chevy Duramax is the weakest of the three diesels and also states the same.

I highly recommend reading your users manual so you do not cause damage to your engine. FOr more information visit the Turbo diesel register forum and search for extended idling and you will see what I mean.

Thanks

Phil

cenlo
10-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Any ideas on a 12v pump?

mx495
10-07-2004, 06:16 PM
A 12v pump will work fine for lawns, a lot of sprayers come with electric pumps. That's true about diesels too. Many people have that misconception. Someone that leaves a truck idling for long periods of time should have a gas engine.

cenlo
10-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Trying to find out what type and size of 12v dc pump to buy?