PDA

View Full Version : Green Industry Expo 2004

crawdad
10-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Who's planning to go to the Green Industry Expo in Charlotte November 4-6?
If all goes as planned, I'll be there.
Crawdad

http://www.gieonline.com/home/

walker-talker
10-07-2004, 09:21 AM
You know I am!!!! I am also going to all the educational tracks.

crawdad
10-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I hadn't signed up to go to the educational stuff, seeing as how I already know everything. Do you know if I can change my mind (what mind?) when I get there? Or should I reconsider now?
Crawdad

walker-talker
10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
I hadn't signed up to go to the educational stuff, seeing as how I already know everything. Do you know if I can change my mind (what mind?) when I get there? Or should I reconsider now?
Crawdad
You are already past the "early bird" date for the seminars....it was the 15th of last month. You might be able to sign up when you get there, but not sure.I know you can on the internet. The early bird price was $320, after that I think it's around $380. That includes choosing between over 75 seminars, but you can only attend to like 8 different ones of the three days, a couple of speeches, tickets to both the outdoor and indoor expo (which is free anyway) and includes the lunch at the outdoor expo. I paid the extra $20 for the breakfast buffet roundtables through PLCAA. They have all these tables with a different subject posted on each table. Each table has its own moderator to get the discussions started while you eat breakfast. I really had a great time a couple years ago. If anyone is new to the business (less than 5 years) I strongly suggest getting the full meal deal. If you know it all, then come and teach some of us newbies.

Two years ago when I went I attended mostly marketing seminars and roundtables. This year I will be attending mostly businees oriented seminars and such. Next year it might be pesticide or landscaping. Also, new this year, that have a lot of tracks on hydroseeding.

Oh yeah, it also includes a perspective members night which includes free food and alcohol beverages. You have to drink fast though, it only last about an hour :drinkup:

grass_cuttin_fool
10-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Im gonna be there friday

MikesLC
10-11-2004, 09:53 AM
I'll be there, looking forward to it.

MikesLC
10-11-2004, 08:38 PM
Four of us, that's it? Maybe we can get together for coffee or something.
Mike

grass_cuttin_fool
10-12-2004, 08:25 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=83689&page=1&pp=10 mike check out this thread, it has more people that plan on attending
wayne

walker-talker
10-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Four of us, that's it? Maybe we can get together for coffee or something.
Mike
How about some bourbon???

grass-scapes
10-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Im going....I only have to drive an hour and a half to get there. I haven't signed up for anything yet, though

coastallandscapesolutions
10-12-2004, 08:45 PM
We'll be there... We are staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte 11/03/2004 - 11/07/2004

Brian

MikesLC
10-13-2004, 07:20 AM
How about some bourbon???

This is a business trip, I couldn't possibly...well, maybe just a little bit wouldn't hurt.
Mike

macaw
10-13-2004, 08:04 AM
I going for at least one day Friday or Saturday don't know yet it's about a 4 1/2 hour drive I went to the expo and will love to compare. Hope to see some of you.

MMLawn
10-13-2004, 11:09 AM
As I can drive there in an hour to hour and a half I'll be there for 1 day but I haven't yet decided which one. Right now I am leaning toward Thurs or Sat.

cgotro
10-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Me and my son are going. First trip, looking forward to it. Going to make two weeks out of it. I've got a week of school to attend in Atlanta after the Expo.

crawdad
10-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Why was this thread moved from "Elements of Business" forum to here? I thought I put it in the right forum. Whatever.
Crawdad :confused:

1MajorTom
10-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Why was this thread moved from "Elements of Business" forum to here? I thought I put it in the right forum. Whatever.
Crawdad :confused:

Just for you Crawdad I wanted to give your wonderful words more exposure. ;)

crawdad
10-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I usually surf this site by looking at "New Posts" but this time I was looking in the individual forums. How do most people do it?
I open "New Posts" then open a bunch of threads, reading them one at a time. I have a new browser that makes this easier, it's called Mozilla Firefox, and I can have a bunch of pages open on tabs instead of opening and miniminizing each one, then maximizing each one to read it, as I would do with Internet Explorer.
Crawdad
PS. "Wonderful words", eh? Then why don't you give me a point now and then? They're like smiles,they don't cost you anything to give away.
PPS. Jodi, are you gonna be in Charlotte?

1MajorTom
10-14-2004, 08:31 AM
PPS. Jodi, are you gonna be in Charlotte?

Why do you ask? Are you looking to give me a bag, t-shirt, or maybe a button? ;)

crawdad
10-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Why do you ask? Are you looking to give me a bag, t-shirt, or maybe a button? ;)
Two bags, in case one rips. :drinkup:

1MajorTom
10-14-2004, 08:35 AM
aawww come on crawdad, I doubt you'll be able to give me 2 bags, let alone 1, the bag idea seems too expensive. ;)
Now if you promise to wear a lawnsite.com t-shirt I may just make an appearance. :laugh:

Evan528
10-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Ill be there Thursday to Sunday. Looking forward to the getaway! :drinkup:

crawdad
10-14-2004, 08:43 AM
aawww come on crawdad, I doubt you'll be able to give me 2 bags, let alone 1, the bag idea seems too expensive. ;)
Now if you promise to wear a lawnsite.com t-shirt I may just make an appearance. :laugh:
Sure, you wear the lawnsite T-shirt, and we'll swap shirts at the cookout.
:drinkup:

MikesLC
10-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Where do you get these T-shirts, does lawnsite have a booth at GIE?
Mike

crawdad
10-14-2004, 08:12 PM

So, I see that you've been stalking me on "the other site" reading my posts. What's your screen name "over there?"

An "appearance?" Elvis made "appearances."
You are a moderator for a website, usually a volunteer, unpaid position, if you showed up, it would be an "attendance," not an "appearance." I doubt there'll be a large line of fans begging for autographs.
Now if Olderthandirt showed up, that would be an "appearance" as he has a spectacular aura about him. You, on the other hand, like myself, will become famous soon enough.
Crawdad