PDA

View Full Version : Stihl trimmers with green touch trimmer racks

blair smock
10-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi guys, have a trailer I am setting up - is anyone using Stihl trimmers or edgers with the Greentouch racks? the grip fits very tightly in the rack - almost looks like that it could break the handle on the trimmer - just was curious if anyone used this setup and how it was holding up. Picture of how your handle fits in would be great!! Thanks for your help! Blair

jcr4au
10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I got a GT rack about a month ago and am fairly satisfied w/ it. I have an enclosed trailer though. The trimmers slide back and forth a bit b/c I dont have a guard on the end of the trimmers. If I did they would stay in place perfectly. The pin to secure the trimmer adjust to 3 different widths. My local dealer was selling a 2 trimmer rack for $249. I thought that was way high so I checked their website ( greentouch.com) and their price showed $80 less. I called greentouch and ended up getting a 3 trimmer demo rack for about $150.

coastallandscapesolutions
10-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Been using the 5 place GT racks for 3 years and no problems. I think we've had everybodys trimmer in there at one time or another. Stihl works fine with our FS85's.