PDA

View Full Version : Best Method for Leaf removal?

MudSlinger
10-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this website but so far just readiing previous posts have helped me alot. The dreaded leaf season is inching up on us in east tennessee. Does anyone out there have the best method for getting rud of these things?? all I can come up with it mulch and with the bigger jobs, use a big tarp to rake them up on. ANy ideas are welcome....

BMFD92
10-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Well mulching works and if you have the blowers then just blow the leaves to the curb unless your town doesnt pick up leaves then you can just dump them on your truck but if you dont have blowers then get them.

LB Landscaping
10-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Do a search for "fall clean-up" or "leaf removal" and you'll be reading all night.

Pecker
10-07-2004, 09:37 PM
I feel that for leaves the best way to dispose of them is to mulch mulch and mulch. Of course, this may not be the best method for real small leaves, but it works great for most of the Oaks we have here. Pine straw is a different story if there alot of trees concentrated in an area. But even moderate pine straw will mulch away if mowed regularly.

MudSlinger
10-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies...I guess the best way to firgure this out is just experiment huh?

Mo Green
10-07-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah. The school of hard knocks. I learned some of my best lessons there.

bushtrimmer
10-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Blow out the beds into the lawn. Use gator blades and chop up the leaves in the lawn. Then put a bagger w/ leaf extension on the mower and dump the leaves @ the street or on a truck. If no leaf p/u then vac up with tailgate mounted truck vac. Compost leaves over the next year and sell back to customers as compost.

qualitylandscaping
10-07-2004, 11:13 PM
I just had a Peco Lawn Vac installed on one of my zero-turns Tuesday. The thing will bag and entire lawn before it needs to be emptied. Then all ya do to empty is is push the handle, and it dumps right from the seat! The only thing I don't like is it has to be started/stopped by getting off the mower, although the throttle is mounted right to the side of the control panel on the mower.. Here's a link, I will have some pic's soon.

Also use backpack blowers, and tarps..

http://www.lawnvac.com/pro_12.htm

dukester
10-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Answer is get a Walker. You can't beat them. They really make it easy to do a clean up. We get most of our new accounts by people watching us do a yard. You can mulch all you want but, when you use a Walker on it you and everybody else will see the diffference.

out4now
10-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Depends on situation. We have pretty small leaves here in contrast to that back east stuff but we'd blow to the edge of the work area and we had a parker vacuum that opened in the front and we'd use a suction hose to load onto a roll off or into a trailer. I don't think the impeller on it was factory though because it mulched them into pretty fine pieces. Can't say for sure because they had it before I got hired.

macaw
10-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Cyclone Rake been using one for 6 years
www.cyclonerake.com