PDA

View Full Version : Wearing football shoes while mowing

ThreeWide
10-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Call me nuts, but this is what I do.

They are high top, so it helps keep the grass out. The main reason is to prevent slipping on slopes. Some of the slopes I mow with the walk-behind would have me on my rear without good traction.

Please tell me I'm not the only one doing this :)

jaybird
10-07-2004, 11:49 PM
sounds good to me, when you step down that area gets vented the other word is to hard to spell.

j&c
10-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Well I guess my secret is out..........I wear and always keep a set of cleats in the truck they come in handy during seeding jobs too!!!!!!

HOOLIE
10-08-2004, 12:51 AM
I wore football cleats for many years, just got tired of my feet getting wet. The best part about them was getting them all muddy, then going into someplace for lunch, right after they've mopped the floor, and an entire mud footprint would drop off my shoes :cool2: Just like a waffle maker.

craglawnmanor
10-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Nike Land Shark hi-tops are what I've always used for my accounts w/slopes. I used to have a couple steep sloped lawns that I would only cut at the end of the day. Dew made it too treacherous, even with cleats! :eek:

craglawnmanor
10-08-2004, 12:57 AM
I wore football cleats for many years, just got tired of my feet getting wet.

Hoolie, I've always used a waterproofer like "Camp Dry" on my cleats. It's not perfect, but always helps.

DALMlawn&landscaping
10-08-2004, 01:48 AM
i used to wear cleats for everything, mowing, installs, wadefishing (mr. stingray wont like it when i step on its a$$, i also wear shin guards for that too) and now i just wear boots and work on my coordination skills. these days after years of practice, me and my timb's (pro series work boots) give me mountain goat stability.

David Haggerty
10-08-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm going to have to get a pair of football cleats for one bank we mow. My son fell down three times while weed eating it! I just don't know wheather to get the cleats in my size or his!

Dave

ThreeWide
10-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Like one mentioned above, I use the Nike land shark in the high cut style.