PDA

View Full Version : i need you to cut my lawn because.....

bobbygedd
10-08-2004, 05:18 AM
"hi bob, this is mrs. jones on xyz street. you usually cut my lawn on saturdays, but i need a favor........can you come real early friday morning, and cut it as short as possible. you see, my neighbor is having her lawn aerated and seeded, and i'm gonna have her landscaper do mine at the same time. thanks bob." any comments? opinions? what time would you be there friday morning to cut it?

statman
10-08-2004, 05:24 AM
I'd hitch up and go right now!!!

bobbygedd
10-08-2004, 05:52 AM
good boy. that's what i did, just got back

rodfather
10-08-2004, 06:31 AM
Almighty one, she obviously isn't aware you also offer those services...let her know I say.

malliso
10-08-2004, 06:34 AM
That would almost cause me to drop her,much less show up so some1 else can overseed

crawdad
10-08-2004, 07:06 AM
Did you slap a surcharge on her for the emergency mow?
Crawdad

bobbygedd
10-08-2004, 07:36 AM
she is well aware of what services we provide. nope, no surcharge, just a little note next to her name on this weeks schedule, "skip"

David Haggerty
10-08-2004, 07:38 AM
I'd have mowed it too. In fact I just did a customer a favor and mowed him wednesday, the same day he called. His wife had died and the funeral was Thursday.

Of course there's a difference between doing customers a favor and their just wanting to push you around. I just charged one customer fuel for the truck for an extra trip. Next time it'll have travel time too.

I'm just trying to push gently to keep him in line.

Dave

Liberty Lawncare
10-08-2004, 07:53 AM
She is areating and seeding. The seed is a waste and aeration is good for releving compaction. Mow it early and tell her waste of money on the seed.

bobbygedd
10-08-2004, 07:55 AM
why a waste of seed? the yard isn't damaged, she just overseeding

karen1122
10-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Good Day Bobby,

Could this have been one of those sweet old ladies whose cutting schedule was altered last week. Please remind me, but I do believe that this was a result of rearranging based on taking some other aeration / seeding jobs

Skipping next week???? Hmmm, this situation actually sounds like a profitable opportunity:
- an existing customer who has shown that she sees the value in high margin services
- someone who has direct experience with the excellent customer service provided by your organization
- a customer on your existing route
- a competitor who is talking your customer into an expensive service that will likely result in inferior results (A late seeding that will look good in the fall but probably not make it through the winter. Maybe the guy will recommend a money saving course of spring reseeding at the same time he puts down the Pre-emerg. This would only be one trip!)

This sounds like an opportunity where "skipping" right over to her house and educating her on the most effective way to spend her money would result in a long term customer with a high turnover.

I smell money here

olderthandirt
10-08-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm beginning to think Karen and Bobby are the same person It keep the conversation much more lively and amusing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mac

karen1122
10-08-2004, 11:16 AM
I might just cry. That's just plain mean

olderthandirt
10-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I might just cry. That's just plain mean

Even using one of his phrases, "That's just plain mean" more suspicious than ever lol

Mac

Gravely_Man
10-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Bobby, you have some great clients! I would be going right over there to do everything Mrs. Jones wants so she can save some money.

Gravely_Man

bobbygedd
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
karen just what do you do for a living? your profile says zero years in business. and your comment about "retiring at 50...." well, it's just that, you best hurry up, you aint no spring chicken