PDA

View Full Version : When to purchase Gravely 34Z?

Husky03
10-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I am almost 100% sure I want to get the 34Z over a 36" hydro walk. I am trying to decide whether to get it now or get it next spring. I am leaning more towards getting it now so I can become familiar with it and make sure my ramps are secure for my new trailer etc. This will be my first mower other than my push mower so I will have to get used to it. I may be able to get a very small discount if I buy it now verses spring also. What do you guys think?

Thanks... :)

Mowingman
10-08-2004, 05:41 PM
As a Gravely dealer, I can tell you that the price will be higher in the spring. I expect price increases on the 34Z of at least $200.00, due to higher steel and fuel costs. It could be more than that. :(

Husky03
10-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Mowingman: how much is the 34Z going in your area? I have not gotten an official price yet. A while back when I tryed the mower out in the parking lot the guy told me between $3700-4000. I will try to get a little off since I will be paying cash, but I do not know if the dealer will be able to come down since the mower has to be ordered. They do not have room to keep more than a couple mowers at their store. What do you think? I appreciate the help.

Mowingman
10-08-2004, 09:15 PM
We have been selling them all summer for $3895.00. We have one left in stock that I just quoted to a guy for $3750.00. Sounds like your dealer is right in the ball park on pricing.
The 34Z sales have been great. The commercial guys here buying them instead of walkbehinds. This little ZTR has plenty of power, is fast, and has a great looking cut. It will do you a great job, and you get to sit down. :)

Husky03
10-08-2004, 09:22 PM
That's good to hear. One last question. Should I get the mulch plate/kit right away or will the side discharge be OK to get started. I currently mulch everything with my push mower, but the side discharge may work fine on a larger mower. Is there anything else I should pick up with it? Do you know the approximate price of the mulch kit?

Thanks... :)

Mowingman
10-08-2004, 09:34 PM
It really throws clippings a long ways, so if you work around a lot of beds, you probably need to get the mulch kit on pretty quick. I think it disperses the clippings nice and even, but about half the people who have bought the machine, have wanted the mulch kit.
I am not at the shop, so I don't know what the kit costs. I think it is about $100.00. You might try mowing a few days without the kit and see how you like it before you decide. With leaf season comming up though, I would probably just go ahead and get the mulch kit.

Husky03
10-08-2004, 09:41 PM
I guess I should probably just get it. Thank you for your help. I will have to post some pics of my equipment when I finally get it. :D

Psych-O
10-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Husky, I just bought my 34z last week and I really like it. It's my first commercial mower and I found it easy to use. I had the mulch kit put on mine before it left the dealer's and it cuts fine. The kit cost me $120 and the mower ran me $4200 here in LA. :cool: