PDA

View Full Version : Leaf vacuum question,...

jrwinter74
10-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I've been debating on buying a commercial vacuum. I currently have a sweeper that works great but the only problem with it is you have to dump it and then pick up the pile after your finished sweeping. I thought about a DR Comercial vacuum,...what are you guys using. Thanks! JWinter

macaw
10-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Cyclone Rake you can get a uploader hose for it.
www.cyclonerake.com

beransfixitinc
10-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Hmm.. I tested a Little Wonder wheeled vac the other day, on Arizona Ash seeds on a soaking wet concrete patio and it sucked like a charm. Had a 6 HP Briggs engine on it and a vinal sheathed bag which would have blocked any dust had it been dry stuff. Hit corners real well also. Think they are around $895 or somewhere around there.

HOLLYWOOD6973
10-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I was using a BILLYGOAT . Now IM using an X-TREME VAC

MowforMoney
10-08-2004, 11:40 PM
How did you like those two vacs?

jrwinter74
10-09-2004, 01:29 PM
:D That's really good info. and after a couple of hours this AM doing research on the internet, I think I'm going with the Little Wonder Truck Loader. Only problem now is fabricating a box on the front of my 6 x 16" tandem axle trailer to blow the debis into and also leaving the back half of the trailer open so I can still take my mower, blower, sweeper, etc. to get the job done. Thanks again! JWinter

walker-talker
10-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Have you considered using your truck to haul the debris? It would leave you more room on your trailer, plus you could leave your trailer at home then go dump your load.

jrwinter74
10-09-2004, 01:49 PM
My trailer-pulling vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner. I know, I know,..it's not a Chevy, Dodge or Ford Workhorse but it's paid for and until I just have to buy something else,... payup JWinter

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-09-2004, 09:06 PM
I use a 4Runner also....

Runner
10-10-2004, 12:39 AM
:D That's really good info. and after a couple of hours this AM doing research on the internet, I think I'm going with the Little Wonder Truck Loader. Only problem now is fabricating a box on the front of my 6 x 16" tandem axle trailer to blow the debis into and also leaving the back half of the trailer open so I can still take my mower, blower, sweeper, etc. to get the job done. Thanks again! JWinter

So let me get this straight. You're going to purchase a $1600 leaf vac to fill up the front of your 16' trailer that you are also hauling your equipment on? Hmm.... let's see.....That will = one big fancy vac that can run for about 5 minutes before you have to go dump your trailer. I'm sorry, but I DON'T think this is the proper delegation of equipment, here. I think your money could be better spent on somethingmore USEFUL to your operation. I think I would be looking at faster ways to GATHER and collect the leaves, rather than just some faster way of loading them. Don't get me wrong, the LW leaf vac is a wonderful thing, just not for your application. That would be like purchasing a Bobcat to fill up a wheelbarrow. ;)

MisterLandscape
10-10-2004, 01:40 AM
check out the giant vac web page and products very well built and good warranty