PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy a lazer, but its in Italy

stevesmowing
10-08-2004, 11:51 PM
I just contacted a guy that is in Rome Italy selling a lazer for $3,000 with 37 hours on it. I think it has at least a 52" deck and has a collection system with a 5 or 6 hp engine. I e-mailed him back trying to find out more information. He said he needs the money and the business was not working out and is willing to pay shipping and insurance costs. This seems like a great deal. However my ? is how do I go about this so I don't get screwed over.

darkshadow
10-08-2004, 11:57 PM
sounds like another 'over seas' scam to me. beware imo

edit:if it turns out to be a scam, you can kiss your 3k goodbye for good. the authorities won't do jack **** about it unless it's >25k or more and then it's still a 'well maybe we'll look into it'

Turf Medic
10-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Run Forest Run :D

Save your money, definately a scam, the shipping on that item has to be in the 2k range, you see those things on ebay all the time, free shipping, you must wire cash immediately. Email the guy and tell him your great-uncle will be by to look at the mower, pay cash, take delivery, and you will be deducting the shipping cost from the price.

See what kind of response that will get you, probably the unit is already crated up and on a ship, awaiting delivery information so you uncle will not be able to check out the machine.

If it sounds to good to be true, you are going to be taking in the end :cool2:

ALarsh
10-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Its a scam. They are all over ebay also. For example, they will have a $40k car for sale for $10k, then they say they need money and will pay for shipping.

Think about it. They could sell it locally at that price no problem and have a ton less hassal than shipping it over seas.

Don't do it. You WILL get screwed over.

Soupy
10-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Run Forest Run :D

Run like the wind!!!!

walker-talker
10-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Dont do friend. Too many threads on the board talking about the same deal. There was a thread on this awhile back. A guy was about to purchase his Lazer from over-seas like you want to. The guy told him it was reserved in his name..bla bla bla. Then he had his friend call the same contact and the guy told him he still had the unit for sale and nobody else had contacted him about it. It's a scam...run run run.

qualitylandscaping
10-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Run like the wind!!!!

Yep.. Just go to Brodner.. They have some used stuff in that price range..

Travis Followell
10-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Stay away from it if you want to keep your $3000. It sounds too good to be true and you know what they say if it sounds too good to be true then it probibly is.

stevesmowing
10-09-2004, 01:37 PM
thanks, i will stay away from this one.

blair smock
10-09-2004, 03:38 PM
have run into several of these fellows.

tiedeman
10-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Scam Big Time!!!!

Shuter
10-09-2004, 04:35 PM
I also saw a similar machine from the same guy (i'm guessing), Exmark 48" Z for $4000.00. I e-mailed and the guy said he rebuilds and resells. If he was local maybe, but not overseas.

Runner
10-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Well, I was wondering if one of you guys can help ME out. See, I just inherited a great deal of money from a VERY wealthy uncle. The problem is, in order to get it, I need a bank account to send it in to. So, if someone could please send me your checking account #'s so I can deposit this inheritance into it, I will cut you in for 10%. :rolleyes: What is sad, is, that some people actually fall for many of these scams.