PDA

View Full Version : Debris Box for Leaves on the front of 6x16" trailer

jrwinter74
10-09-2004, 12:42 PM
:cry: Here's the problem,..I have decided on a Little Wonder Truck Loader to handle my "picking-up leaves" dilemma. The only problem I have now is that I need to fabricate a temporary box on the front of my 6X16" tandem axle trailer to blow the leaves into and also leave the back of the trailer (behind the box) open so I can carry my mower, blower, sweeper, etc. to the jobsite. Any suggestions since I currently am only a 1 monkey show? :dizzy: Thanks! JWinter

Four C. Landscaping
10-10-2004, 06:26 PM
How about this.Load your equipment in the trailer as tight as possible and only what you need in the trailer (toward the back gate) then build a box inside the trailer with a door on the inside of the trailer so you can empty the leaves.The only problem would be you would have to take your equipment out to empty the leaves.Hope this gives you an idea.Good luck.

out4now
10-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Rent a roll off container and let them dump it so you can fit in more jobs. Some city garbage services even offer this now. BY the time you go to the dump and everything it would probably be worth your time to do it this way, especially if a lot of leaves.

Runner
10-10-2004, 11:30 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=85500&page=1

walker-talker
10-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Have you figured exactly how big of box you are going to build? How many feet long? Like Runner said in your previous thread, why use a vac if your box is going to be so small? It would be nice to load them with the vac, but for no more space than you have, just use some tarps. I think you are getting ahead of yourself here.

J Hageman
10-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Go back to start and relook at DR vac. or cyclone rake. You could use it for sweeping and for loading your box with accesories. Then the size of box on vac. you may not need to unload or it would give you more storage for leaves.